Images in 64 bit

Do I recall a discussion about image issue under 64bit?
I seem to be having trouble with images that are an odd number of pixels in width… was there some known issue?

You have a sample project?
Feedback case ID?

What is the issue you’re seeing?
Being super vague helps nobody

[quote=359156:@Jeff Tullin]Do I recall a discussion about image issue under 64bit?
I seem to be having trouble with images that are an odd number of pixels in width… was there some known issue?[/quote]
Give us some more information.

I recently had an issue with an OS API, and after trying many many different images, I found it was because the dimensions were not divisible by 4… Took two days to figure out.

I think its related.

I take an image and resize it or use it in some way
Some images work fine, some get a black line down the left edge, and a white line running down the middle
which are not in the original.
Changing the imported width up by a pixel made the problem go away on some images.

Im sure this the thing I had in mind. Haswell chips?

Is there a Xojo fix? - Im just about to try padding the size to 4 in each direction -
I may have to delay my announced 64bit launch until I get this sorted.

In 32 Bits .DrawPicture resize, I noticed that using Double (instead of Integer as said in the LR) gave better result: always the same size when asked that same size; otherwise, I get xxx1 (in width I think).

Padding the images to ‘4 pixel’ sizes works, thanks Sam
I’m not totally happy with this as a solution, as it gets me white unwanted parts around the edges.
One of those sneaky 64 bit bugs that you don’t see while debugging in 32bit

Can you provide code snippet to show the problem?
Would be great, if there is a bug, to get the fix in 2017r3.

Try the following please: Convert the Images to ImageSets and use them as you did in the past. Does it work? This helped in one of my cases. :slight_smile:

[quote=359233:@Jeff Tullin]Padding the images to ‘4 pixel’ sizes works, thanks Sam
I’m not totally happy with this as a solution, as it gets me white unwanted parts around the edges.
One of those sneaky 64 bit bugs that you don’t see while debugging in 32bit[/quote]
ha ha… I didn’t suggests it as a fix, just to point out that there are some weird ones out there with images.

I stretched the image out to make it divisible by 4, processed it via the API and then shrunk it back afterwards. Hopefully this’ll work for you also. The user is none the wiser (except maybe it’s a little slower because of the stretching), meanwhile I’ve appeased the API.

You could resize it on open and then again when they save, I doubt any user is going to notice that the image they’re seeing or working on is upto 3 pixels wider/taller.

The image ‘goes wrong’ somewhere in a very long and complicated section of code.
because I’m using Xojo 2015, I cannot debug it in 64bit, so I don’t know for certain where it has an issue, making a simple example hard to produce.

It works fine in 32bit mode

I’ll come back with an example after I get past my current deadline. :wink: