A question about feedback...

When a ticket is marked as duplicate and a link is made to the original, is there a reciprocating link created back to the duplicate that we can’t see, but Xojo can?

I ask because a few tickets I have raised have been closed as duplicates, either because their originals were invisible to me at the time (marked as internal then later made public after my ticket goes in) or due to the search system that feedback uses meaning I didn’t spot the duplicate in the sea of responses before posting my own. Sometimes my duplicate ticket provides additional information to the original ticket and I often wonder if I have to go to the original ticket and post an update on that with a link back to my closed duplicate ticket. This would ensure that if/when the original ticket is looked at, the additional information in my closed duplicate ticket isn’t sitting there doing nothing which could save Xojo time as the duplicate might shed more light on the matter.

Also, the message that is displayed to new users of feedback seems to be incorrect:

Searching “modal window” returns many results where “modal” is in the body of a ticket or even the filename of an attachment.

Do you want me to put this in as a bug?

You’re correct that this text is incorrect, but no bug report is necessary.

:slight_smile:

I assume the lack of response on reciprocating links means no? :frowning:

We have a way to look that up internally.

Cool, thanks :slight_smile:

I usually see my comments and input copied into the original report that mine was a duplicate of.

That hasn’t happened for several years. We now just mark them as a duplicate. The old way, all of the notes got merged together and there was no way to “un-merge” if there was a problem, not to mention how confusing it was to follow a thread if two, three or four cases got merged together.

I guess it’s been a while since I reported a dupe :slight_smile: .

Well thats a big resounding no then, if I get a duplicate feedback from now on I’ll be going into the original and posting a link manually…

<https://xojo.com/issue/5431>