CPI - Custom Property Inspector

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 days ago

Joost R

Nov 13 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro The Netherlands

@Phillip Z Hey Dave you may have missed it: Is it possible to change font sizes?

My question too, since it shows up a bit heavy.

3. Joost R

@Phillip Z Perhaps it is one you have that I do not.

yes, some

4. Phillip Z

Nov 13 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Florence, SC

@Joost R yes, some

Hopefully shaves off some troubleshooting time :)

5. Dave S

Nov 13 San Diego, California USA

@Phillip Z Hey Dave you may have missed it: Is it possible to change font sizes?

sorry... yes.... all aspects can be controlled... some (like colors) are via propertys in the IDE
    others like fonts, spacing etc are via constants.... if you find an aspect that cannot be altered in on of those ways let me know.

Joost. sending ME a list of your plugins won't help, as I have no idea what they might do, or how they might do it... They'd just be "names" to me :(

6. Joost R

Edited 4 days ago

@Dave S sending ME a list of your plugins won't help

I understand, but have a look anyway. Tell me, what do you want me to do ? Since i am not using obscure plugins, it's for sure others will also run into this problem if not solved now. Take the lead over your project.

7. Dave S

Edited 4 days ago

Phillip and Joost have a list of 7 plugins in common, Joost has 20 that Phillip does not (mostly MBS) and Phillip has 6 that Joost does not

Joost... did the lastest upload solve the "corrupt" file issue?

8. Dave S

So far we have a list of 3 plugins that Joost has that nobody else (who it is working for) does

Lexing Plugin.xojo_plugin
    fp Plugin.xojo_plugin
    MBS Xojo Compression Plugin.xojo_plugin

9. Phillip Z

Nov 13 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Florence, SC

It is not MBS Xojo Compression Plugin.xojo_plugin

10. Dave S

FP PLUGIN is by Bob Delaney and is for extended Floating Point function
    Lexing is a text editor control by VanHoek software

11. Dave S

I ran across some very old posts (2008) that where a user was having a conflict issue with MBS and Quicktime
    the "solution" seemed to lie in the name of the app.... Try changing CPI.xojo.binary.project to XCPI.xojo.binary.project or some other name... plucking at straws here

12. Joost R

Edited 4 days ago

yes, I have found the conflict. It's fp Plugin.xojo_plugin ! It can be downloaded for free from Bod Delany's site . I need this plugin for several projects, so want the conflict been solved if possible.

13. Dave S

@Joost R yes, I have found the conflict. It's fp Plugin.xojo_plugin ! It can be downloaded for free from Bod Delany's site . I need this plugin for several projects, so want the conflict been solved if possible.

would love to be able to help... but I have no way of knowing what the conflict could even be..
    I will attempt to download that plug-in and see what I can determine, if anything....
    do I just need to put it in the "plugin folder?

the next release moves a few items to the design time IDE

• Default Fontsize : now 16
    • Default FontName : now SYSTEM
    • DataHeight (this determines how tall input boxes are) : now 24
  14. Dave S

Edited 4 days ago

@Joost R yes, I have found the conflict. It's fp Plugin.xojo_plugin ! It can be downloaded for free from Bod Delany's site . I need this plugin for several projects, so want the conflict been solved if possible.

the conflict with FP Plugin seems to be this line in CPI

newValue=Str(If(zOldValue="TRUE","FALSE","TRUE"))

Seems my use of STR was redundant here.... and removing it "solved" the problem.

newValue=If(zOldValue="TRUE","FALSE","TRUE")

But there is still an issue with the Plugin, in my opinion

15. Joost R

@Dave S do I just need to put it in the "plugin folder?

yes, and make sure to restart the IDE completely in order to load the plugin.

@Dave S But there is still an issue with the Plugin, in my opinion

I use this plugin since 1,5 year already and haven't had any issue with it, related to any other code I wrote.

16. Dave S

@Joost R I use this plugin since 1,5 year already and haven't had any issue with it, related to any other code I wrote.

well is seems the plugin doesn't like the syntax I mentioned above... however, removing the "redundant" STR() did solve it.....
    a new version is being prepared now.

17. Dave S

New version with above mentioned changes has been uploaded
    along with the ability to change the 3 new properites mentioned above

18. Dave S

Website is still a work in progress...
    However, most links work now...

Source Code is available for $29.95
    but I am offering it from now thru Cyber Monday(Nov 26th) for 20% off ... $23.95

www.rdsisemore.com/cpi

19. 3 days ago

Joost R

Thanks Dave. It works at my side now, due to our perseverance we have the problem solved. Will buy from you site.

20. Dave S

@Joost R Thanks Dave. It works at my side now, due to our perseverance we have the problem solved. Will buy from you site.

Glad to here..

I did some more experimenting with that plugin installed, and a clean Xojo project.

It seems that any code the uses STR(x) where x is already a String variable will trigger this error.....

21. Joost R

Nov 14 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro The Netherlands

@Dave S It seems that any code the uses STR(x) where x is already a String variable will trigger this error.....

Did a quick test and I see the same. I now know why I am never hit by this before. I use "Cstr" instead.

Dim a As String = "Joost"
    Dim b As String
    b = CStr(a)

Break

or Sign Up to reply!