WebContainer Properties not quite right?

I create my WebContainer in the IDE and then use those containers in my web page layout of the IDE.
If properties like anchors etc change in the WebContainer Designer, do you have to delete them from the WebPage Designer and then Re-Insert them for the project to benefit from the changes you made to the WebContainer?

I never have to reinsert them — I can change the container and all the objects are available (unless Private). Can you give an example?

It depends…

If you’re talking about properties that are visible in the IDE on the Container itself when displayed on the webpage, then yes, you need to change them manually on each instance. If you are talking about the properties of controls within the container then no, those properties propagate automatically.

If you don’t see a change right away, close the WebPage and reopen it. It may be that you’re seeing a cached image of the container.

Well maybe it’s me.
If I make a Web Container and use it in a web page it behaves well.
However if i instantiate a web Container and embed in in my web page I can not change the Web Container’s size as the objects within the Web Container don’t resize.

Maybe I have to send a resize message to the Web Container after I’ve embedded it?
RaiseEvent ??? what?

[quote=355638:@Brian O’Brien]Well maybe it’s me.
If I make a Web Container and use it in a web page it behaves well.
However if i instantiate a web Container and embed in in my web page I can not change the Web Container’s size as the objects within the Web Container don’t resize.

Maybe I have to send a resize message to the Web Container after I’ve embedded it?
RaiseEvent ??? what?[/quote]
Just to clarify… You’re embedding the container at runtime using EmbedWithin?

I just tried this…

Two buttons on a page, one for embedding and the other for resizing…

the Embed button’s action event says this:

cc = new ContainerControl1 cc.EmbedWithin(self, me.left, me.top + me.Height + 12,100, 100)

The resize button’s action event says this:

cc.Width = 600

Pressing the Embed button adds it to the page, Pressing Resize makes it 600 pixels wide and the contents scale just fine.

In my experience the locking of internal controls is broken when the container is embedded via embedWithin, but work fine when just dragged onto a page. So if you’re talking about changing it’s size, either after embedding or during the embedWithin command then that explains that.

I have tried various things like re-locking all the left and right properties of the individual controls in the container controls shown event, but that didn’t work really either. The only thing that worked for me at the moment is specifically re-setting the size whenever the container control changes size. For each individual control. I’m pretty sure there is a feedback report for that… Start here: <https://xojo.com/issue/36683> and then this one too: <https://xojo.com/issue/30235>