Builds in Linux GTK 3 show wrong layout postions (2017 >=R2)

I wonder if there is anyone building for Linux gtk 3 having controls and window content shown displaced.
By displaced i mean the content (on a blank project) being a white background wich should be within the window borders is shown ouside of the borders.
Mostly the left/top are ok but the bottom and right are drawn outside the window borders.

Even changing the locks the min-width min-height width and height of the window (the same or different values) keeps giving this problem.
I’m running Elementary OS and Linux Mint both latest versions and have GTK 3 (latest versions).

Started from 2017 R2 is still in the recent versions of xojo.

Could you show a screenshot?

I think it’s the same as you can see here: https://forum.xojo.com/42844-gtk-3-header-bar/?quote=353269

In that case, you’re changing the height of the titlebar with a declare. When doing that you might need to adjust the content yourself.

I’d like to hear from Derk.

Exactly the same

[quote=355458:@Greg O’Lone]In that case, you’re changing the height of the titlebar with a declare. When doing that you might need to adjust the content yourself.

I’d like to hear from Derk.[/quote]

Greg i don’t have that headerbar. It happens in all projects, even empty without plugins

Not behind a computer now but it’s the same as in the thread about the header bar, only difference is that i don’t have a headerbar or anything other than native xojo controls.

issue is even bigger than i thought.
controls arn’t even showed sometimes as they are in the invisible part of the window content. in the ide it looks normal.
debugrun shows oddness.

Attachments will follow. Note this happens in ALL Xojo GTK 3 versions of linux inclusing the LATEST.

see case attachments for pictures showing the result

Here is another example with pure Xojo code, no plugins, no declares. Screenshot are taken on Ubuntu 17.10. On RedHat 7.4 or Elementary 1.x it is the same problem.

I’m still perplexed about this as I am unable to reproduce it thus far.

When you run the IDE itself on these systems, does it exhibit this same problem?

[quote=356076:@Greg O’Lone]I’m still perplexed about this as I am unable to reproduce it thus far.

When you run the IDE itself on these systems, does it exhibit this same problem?[/quote]

Problem is the same. See feeback report https://xojo.com/issue/50044

[quote=356076:@Greg O’Lone]I’m still perplexed about this as I am unable to reproduce it thus far.

When you run the IDE itself on these systems, does it exhibit this same problem?[/quote]

Yes, the same problem persist using IDE 2017r2.1

Yoko is Running on Windows and build application are also done on windows.
This is the result when the app was build with Xojo 2017 R1.1

Later today I will check, what is the result when build is done on macOS.

Yoko => should by Xojo (auto spell check is not good on an iPhone)

Application build with Xojo 2017R2.1 on macOS for Linux 64Bit:

Ubuntu 16.10

elementary 0.4.1

Fedora 26

Fedora 7:

macOS 10.12.6

Window10:

Hi Derk,

What Greg was asking is does the Xojo IDE itself look strange on your Linux systems.

Also, are you resizing your window using code instead of the width and height set in the IDE?

[quote=356279:@Tim Jones]Hi Derk,

What Greg was asking is does the Xojo IDE itself look strange on your Linux systems.

Also, are you resizing your window using code instead of the width and height set in the IDE?[/quote]

Hi @Tim Jones yes i know i already added that onto the feedback case.
Xojo IDE itself has the same issues (as builds) on the tested linux distros.

Odd that I’m not witnessing any of this with Fedora, CentOS, or Mint with GTK 3 as the primary GTK platform. My apps and the IDE are correct in appearance on all three of my test systems.

Is it possible that the issue is in the desktop manager from ElementaryOS?

Or, are you using any GTK declares to manipulate the window hints and decorations?