TimedOut URL Redirect on Mobile fails

If I have a TimedOut event set to redirect to, say, “www.news.google.com”, and have Session.Timeout set to 180, I find this works fine in a desktop browser : the user is redirected to that web page after 3 minutes of inactivity. But when I test this on my Android phone, it fails. My test goes like this:

Load the Xojo CGI app on my Android.
Go to the Android Home Page.
Turn off the Android display and walk away for well over 3 minutes.
Wake the Android up and go to the loaded CGI app and notice it looks just like it did when I left it.
Do something with that CGI app, like tap a button.
I get the framework’s timedout message about being offline. I am never redirected to the above mentioned web page.

It sounds like the Android device is possibly shutting the Javascript down when you shut the screen off. This would be a smart, battery saving technique. I am unsure of what you could do to resolve this. Have you tried a different web browser on the Android device?

Interesting. I understand. So I tried a different browser and got the same result. Probably this is all because the OS (or some setting) is shutting down the Javascript for the same reason: battery saving.

Does it do the same on iOS?

I have no idea. I can only test this with an Android. And since the Web app I distribute and develop is used almost exclusively by mobile users, ShowURL appears useless in Session.TimedOut because of this. It looks like I’ll continue to rely solely on the framework’s built-in timeout logic, which has been fine.