Just found another reason to NOT use Security-Scoped Bodgemarks.

If you move a file that’s referenced by a SSB (Sorry Son of a Bi…) to a different location (without your app being open), then you place a file in the same place as the referenced file with the same name, when your application then tries to read the file from the SSB it gets the new file instead of the referenced file.

If you need to be sure that the file your accessing is the one you accessed before, you’ll need to create and store a HASH of the file :frowning: But even then, you’ll have no way of finding the original file (sure you can do a spotlight search, but then you have to present a file open dialog to get access to that file).

Edit: Some weird typos that are native to the way I think :slight_smile:

That sounds like a huge security risk.

Yeah I guess it is.

Frustrating for my customer who’s camera isn’t recognized by the macOS, so he has to manually copy files from it, which seems to recycle file names. So he offloads loads files from his camera, opens them up and edits them using my app. If he decides to keep them, he then sorts the files into other folders. Offloading more files from the camera and found the issue. The only thing I can do is to use a document package, move & hard link the source files (I’d rather not copy as that’s slow).