IOS Reports

Hello Guys,

Now that IOS has embedded export to PDF functions , is there a way to generate reports on IOS ? i need to have like a form filled and then once done, get it signed and exported as pdf and sent by email, so what would be the best way to do that ?

Thanks again.

For writing PDFs, I could offer you to test my Graphics extension which includes a lot of advanced graphics functions including the ability to create a PDFGraphics object.
If you want the comfort of a report template, I am afraid you would have to write your own implementation. I think it should be possible to use a ContainerControl that would represent the graphics object, place controls like TextFields on it and fill them from a custom report method, transferring their content to the real PDFGraphics object afterwards.

[quote=354453:@Ulrich Bogun]For writing PDFs, I could offer you to test my Graphics extension which includes a lot of advanced graphics functions including the ability to create a PDFGraphics object.
If you want the comfort of a report template, I am afraid you would have to write your own implementation. I think it should be possible to use a ContainerControl that would represent the graphics object, place controls like TextFields on it and fill them from a custom report method, transferring their content to the real PDFGraphics object afterwards.[/quote]
Well if it will help on doing this and having a good report then its worth to try as long as I can have that on the iOS so not needing the additional pc to do the reporting job.

Thanks again.

[quote=354453:@Ulrich Bogun]For writing PDFs, I could offer you to test my Graphics extension which includes a lot of advanced graphics functions including the ability to create a PDFGraphics object.
If you want the comfort of a report template, I am afraid you would have to write your own implementation. I think it should be possible to use a ContainerControl that would represent the graphics object, place controls like TextFields on it and fill them from a custom report method, transferring their content to the real PDFGraphics object afterwards.[/quote]
Any updates on this or examples ?

Thanks.