omitting the return statement

I know it CAN be done, but SHOULD it be done.

I omitting the Return statement at the end of a method or event handler good programming practice? As long as you don’t have to return a value of course.

I don’t think it’s either good or bad. Most of my subs do not explicitly call return. However, if you do include it, it’s a great place to put a breakpoint while debugging.

I never put returns at the end of a method. It’s a waste of my time because it accomplishes nothing in return (get the pun?). The method is going to return at the end of the method whether you put one in or not.

the only time I put a “RETURN” in a non-FUNCTION method, is if I need to “return” before reaching the end.
and even then I try to use “EXIT SUB” as it is more descriptive of the desired action.

and while on the subject … a pet peeve of mine is the use of “END” without specifying WHAT you are “ending”

I’m with Bob, I had to read your question a couple of times as I wasn’t sure what you were getting at. I’ve never put in a Return manually at the end of a method. It’s unnecessary and I’m pretty sure it’s not the “norm” in Xojo. Xojo returns for you.