iOS location authorization quit working

I have an app I’m trying to update to use the built in iOSLocation functionality. I took the code from the example project and swapped it in for the declares I was using. After having it run in the simulator successfully with the city run location data, I tried it on my phone. It seemed to be working, but since I was sitting at my desk there were no significant updates to actually show that it was really working.

Once I got that far I started changing when I enabled the location function to match better the UI of my app. The only thing I did was move the me.enable = true to a different location. IIRC this was fine after I moved it and ran in the simulator. However, subsequent runs of the app started producing no updates. After throwing in some debug messages I discovered the app was no longer getting authorization to use location functionality.

Now it doesn’t seem to matter what I do I can not get location updates to authorize. I still have the plist as before, no changes were made to it. I emptied the Xojo cache and relaunched Xojo. On the simulator or device, my app does not show up in settings so I can’t change any authorization there.

Any ideas what I should do to troubleshoot this further? I really have no idea why it would just stop getting authorization.

I figured it out. My own mistake. I had not pulled over all the code from the example project and my app was still using a declare to get authorization. When cleaning things up I removed the declare. I didn’t notice right away because the app still had authorization somehow on the simulator and only later after changing some other code did it lose it apparently. Not sure of the exact sequence, but I probably got confused about what I tested on device and what I tested in the simulator.