Vimeo version of "webyoutubemovie"?

It appears that this control only works with YouTube. Can it’s super “WebSharingSiteMovie” be subclassed to work with Vimeo? Or what other solutions are there for playing Vimeo movies?

It seems like you can use the Vimeo Embed code with an HTMLViewer to get the video to display. Try assigning the Vimeo embed code to a constant and then load it like this:

HTMLViewer1.LoadPage(kVimeoEmbedCode)

And you could add some CSS to get rid of the margin and padding of the embedded code if it does appear.

Yes, I know HTMLViewer does this, so I guess WebHTMLViewer is also capable. But then why is there a WebYoutubeMovie at all? What makes it any more special than using WebHTMLViewer for this?

And what makes it differnt from WebMoviePlayer which inherits from Webcontrol (while WebYoutubeMovie inherits from WebsharingsiteMovie which “cannot be subclassed in your applications”)?

It’s just a bit befuddling but I suppose there is rhyme and reason behind it.

My guess is that YouTube is the most common one. I know Vimeo is a huge platform as well.

I found some statistics from 2016. And It seems that youtube is by far the most popular one. And since it is not too hard to implement other players by using an HTMLviewer, why bother making a one-size-fits-all kind of control. It would be nice… though… but you can easily do it yourself.

These stats date from 2016. In 2017 things might be different. But the overall ranking is not likely to change much.

[quote=352619:@Dave Kondris]Yes, I know HTMLViewer does this, so I guess WebHTMLViewer is also capable. But then why is there a WebYoutubeMovie at all? What makes it any more special than using WebHTMLViewer for this?

And what makes it differnt from WebMoviePlayer which inherits from Webcontrol (while WebYoutubeMovie inherits from WebsharingsiteMovie which “cannot be subclassed in your applications”)?

It’s just a bit befuddling but I suppose there is rhyme and reason behind it.[/quote]
Because, when the framework was first created in 2010, you couldn’t just put YouTube videos onto a page like that.