Global System MouseX MouseY Autocomplete Issue Update

Just a friendly update for those using Windows 10 with Xojo 2017 r2.1 and attempting to get global mouse coordinates using System.MouseX or System.MouseY.

1. System.MouseX and System.MouseY do not autocomplete although the functions work (I didn’t know this was available on Windows because of autocomplete) :slight_smile:
  2. Greg O created a feedback to address the issue: <https://xojo.com/issue/40039> and a few other autocomplete’s on Windows OS
  3. Wayne G provided a workaround to use Realbasic.System.MouseX or Realbasic.System.MouseY on Windows systems
  4. Global coordinates (outside of the Window) can be retrieved by placing Realbasic.System.MouseX or Realbasic.System.MouseY in a Timer Action event and firing the timer every 50 milliseconds or so.
  5. Using System.MouseX, System.MouseY, Xojo.System.MouseX, or Xojo.System.MouseY does not autocomplete on Windows 10, Xojo 2017 R2.1

I spent a few hours trying to figure this out, and having this shown in the forum may help someone save some time in the future when they perform a google search. :slight_smile:

Xojo.System.MouseX and Xojo.System.MouseY wont autocomplete anywhere
There is no such thing

Try compiling these two lines

Dim x As Integer = Xojo.System.mousex
Dim y As Integer = xojo.System.mousey

[quote=351464:@Norman Palardy]Xojo.System.MouseX and Xojo.System.MouseY wont autocomplete anywhere
There is no such thing[/quote]
Your right, I missed it.

It’s System.MouseX, System.MouseY that does not autocomplete on Windows.

Thanks!

FWIW System.Cursors doesn’t autocomplete either.

Very little autocompletes without the Realbasic prefix. Autocomplete for system seems to be mapped to Xojo.System even when you have a “Using Global” statement earlier in the method.

System.* doesn’t autocomplete for anything other than the iOS System.* items

Probably a bug as it used to work.

<https://xojo.com/issue/36702> - and quite some duplicates, as this affects many xojo users… :slight_smile:

It’s great to keep a running tally of things that don’t autocomplete; but honestly this should be a low-priority issue. One should really not rely on guess-and-autocomplete to write code.