Detect Display DPI Settings on Windows and possibly on mac

1. 2 months ago

Aurelian N

Sep 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Hello Guys ,

Is there a way to detect the DPI of the interface ? i noticed on most of the windows machines the interface is set to (125 % ) Scale factor , me i keep it on 100 % and i designed the interface for that , being a fixed interface size it will mess the Windows tab panel buttons as i had to do some custom spacing so that it fixes properly the buttons. If i had that data then i could do some calculations and update the interface properly with forcing the users to move the scale to Smaller (100%).

Screen size DPI can be found on Windows on Control Panel -> Display -> Set custom size (DPI)

On mac Settings -> Display -> Resolution and it`s similar .

Thanks.

2. Joost R

Sep 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro The Netherlands

Settings are stored in the Windows Registry, so you could consider reading from the registry by code.
    Some site s explain how to fix DPI issues straight into the registry, so it must be possible to find what you need.

3. Aurelian N

Sep 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Joost R Settings are stored in the Windows Registry, so you could consider reading from the registry by code.
    Some site s explain how to fix DPI issues straight into the registry, so it must be possible to find what you need.

Thanks ,

It seems that in my case is found on HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop/WindowsMetrics/AppliedDPI, so indeed i could have a look here and do some calculations according to that .

4. Greg O

Sep 12 Xojo Inc Somewhere near Raleigh, NC
    Edited 2 months ago

If you build a HiDPI app for Windows, you can use the following code in a window:

dim sf as double = self.ScaleFactor

or Sign Up to reply!