WebApp Debugging Problem

Hey all,

Not sure what I did, but this morning when I try to debug my web app, the web page comes up and simply says:

Invalid Request

If I compile the project and run the built app it works fine…

Not sure what’s going on.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried multiple versions of Xojo. I’ve gone back with Time Machine and restored older versions of my app that worked fine. I’ve gone back months in fact.

I still get the same thing when try to load the web page:

Invalid Request

That’s it. Nothing else. The web page constructor never fires. The session open event never fires. App.Open runs fine. After that, I lose where it’s at. I’ve tried deleting Xojo caches, etc. I am totally stumped.

Again, the app compiles and runs fine. It’s jus debugging that doesn’t work but I’ve got some other issues that I need to fix so I need to be able to debug! I’ve lost several days now trying to figure this out!

The only thing I know was that one time when debugging, I got an error that Xojo couldn’t create the file. It’s the standard error you get if for some reason the old debug build didn’t get deleted properly. What was odd was that there was no old debug build there. After that, it has never run correctly.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Edit:

One more note on this: If I attempt to run the app, then pause it and go into the debugger and look at the Runtime object, there’s appears to be nothing in there and then the app quits.

Do you have any code in HandleURL?

There is code in HandleSpecialURL

But this hasn’t changed in 2 years…

And I put a breakpoint in the HandleSpecialURL event and it never gets to that point.

Further update - I commented out every bit of code in may App.Open event with the exception of my MBS license key. Still get the same thing. The open event of the window that is supposed to show doesn’t fire. Just get this stupid message.

But compiled apps work fine! I’m baffled…

Have you tried an older version of the MBS plugins? To see it sounds like a plugin issue rather than Xojo code.

I haven’t tried an older version of the plugins but I did update them to the newest on Christian’s Dropbox.

But you see, I don’t touch any plugin functions prior to loading any pages (other than to register them). And as stated, the compiled app works fine. If there was a plugin issue, I’d expect that it would cause problems regardless.

It’s worth a try. I think I have some older plugins stored on another drive…

Any other ideas, Greg? I’m going on what, 4 days now where a compiled web app works fine but debugging doesn’t…

Have you tried changing your debug port?

Yup. No difference.

Well, I just did a search in our code and there’s no instance of “Invalid Request” in the framework… actually, if it were coming from the framework it would say “Bad Request”.

My guess is that the response you’re seeing is coming from somewhere outside of your app.

Have you tried going to that URL when your debug app is not running?

What url?

Http://127.0.0.1:10000

???

I use 10000 as my debut Port.

[quote=349166:@Greg O’Lone]Well, I just did a search in our code and there’s no instance of “Invalid Request” in the framework… actually, if it were coming from the framework it would say “Bad Request”.

My guess is that the response you’re seeing is coming from somewhere outside of your app.[/quote]

It’s bizarre then. Nothing else loads in the app and like I say it works fine when compiled. And none of my #If debugbuild code ever fires.

I am baffled.

Well, what do you know, Greg! That was the best piece of advice yet. Even with the debug app not running, this still came up. Turns out it was something outside of Xojo completely. I had downloaded and left running a torrent client as I had downloaded the latest Raspberry Pi distribution Friday night. It was after that I started having the problem. I quit the torrent client and guess what - the app loads now!

Wayne suggested changing the debug port. I swear I did but still had the problem. But I just tried starting uTorrent and the same invalid result page comes up on http://127.0.0.1:10000. I quit uTorrent and then I get the standard “Safari Cannot Connect to Server.”

It’s odd as no where in the uTorrent settings is port 10000 shown as being used…

ARGH!

Sorry to load up the forum on this as it turns out to be something really stupid. :expressionless: