How to put up a new page that says there was a timeout due to inactivity?

Hello all!

Can anyone suggest a method to put up a new page that says there was a timeout due to inactivity? In addition the normal recommend is to send the browser to another page to clear the data. Is this still necessary?

Another question is - the sample shows logout pages. HOWEVER the recommend on the forum are to direct the browser to a different website. So which is it? And, if I use the sample to show that a timeout occurred, what is the best way to then clear all of the session data. In the last example, the app may not know how long it has been sitting there at the timed out page.

Thank you all in advance for suggestions
Tim

The app will display that page automatically after about three minutes of user inactivity.

No it won’t. The three minutes is the length of time a session survives after a user leaves the app.

[quote=347436:@Tim Seyfarth]Hello all!

Can anyone suggest a method to put up a new page that says there was a timeout due to inactivity? In addition the normal recommend is to send the browser to another page to clear the data. Is this still necessary?

Another question is - the sample shows logout pages. HOWEVER the recommend on the forum are to direct the browser to a different website. So which is it? And, if I use the sample to show that a timeout occurred, what is the best way to then clear all of the session data. In the last example, the app may not know how long it has been sitting there at the timed out page.

Thank you all in advance for suggestions
Tim[/quote]
What you’re looking for is the Session.Timeout property and Session.TimedOut event.

Set the first to the number of seconds to go without keyboard or mouse events and then add code to the event to show the dialog. What I usually suggest is to then set the Timeout property again and then automatically log the user out on the second call and redirect away from the app to free up resources.

Thanks Greg,
Will give it a try!
Tim