Desktop Bridge Icon Size Problem

I’m having a problem getting one of my apps submitted to the Windows Store because AppLargeTile.scale-400.png is 1024x1024 at 216k, which is over the size limit of 200k. The largest icon I have included in the project file is 1024x1024 at 82k. I have no idea why that icon file is over 200k after the installation package is converted with the Desktop App Converter in Windows or if the problem originates with the way Xojo processes the icon files. Any ideas?

From my point of view, the Desktop App Converter is just good enough to give you a “Appx package template” for your converted application.
You then fine-tune the ressources in that “template” (e.g. you add file associations, replace the Icons with good ones instead of those converter-scaled-ones, …) and rebuild the .appx yourself.
For future updates, you just replace your updated application in that “fine-tuned template”, and rebuild the package again manually.
I’ve posted one example of how to do that manually (well, automatically with a PostBuild-Script) in this Thread.
In your case it would mean to recreate the “Ressources.pri” with smaller size(s) and rebuild the package again. The required commands are in the batch script.
@Eugene Dakin has a great “How To” posted in the Forum Thread mentioned and linked above, too.

Use jpg.

Thanks, I’ll try both of those methods.

I finally got this worked out. For some reason, using a jpg file resulted in a bigger file size in the app package than the original png file. To solve the problem, I used DesktopAppConverter to make the original package file, then used ImageAlpha to reduce the file size of AppLargeTile.scale-400.png, then remade the package file using MakeAppx.

I just got word that the app was cleared for submission to the Windows App Store.

File Size ?

What are the dpi value for each (png and jpg) ?

[quote=347935:@Emile Schwarz]File Size ?

What are the dpi value for each (png and jpg) ?[/quote]
The dpi for both was 72. The file size for the jpg was 55k and the png was 82k. The problem occurred when DesktopAppConverter converted the icon files from the app into the ones required for the Windows App Store. AppLargeTile.scale-400.png was 212k from the png and 226k from the jpg. The icon file size limit for the Windows App Store is 200k. At first I was focused on my icon files, all of which were well below the 200k size limit. Then it suddenly occurred to me that I only needed to reduce the file size of AppLargeTile.scale-400.png and remake the appx package file as I previously described.