When do I get an email from Feedback

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

Christian S

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Answer Germany

You get one when someone comments or status changed. That is all.

3. Greg O

20 Aug 2017 Xojo Inc

If it was a feature request, you would have probably received an email saying that it was reviewed. That means that someone looked at it and it was clear what you were asking for.

If it's a bug report, you may receive one of two emails... Information Required meaning that not enough information was supplied to reproduce the bug whether because some files were missing or if the testers can't immediately reproduce it on their machine (like maybe a movie showing what you're doing). The other email you can get on a bug report is Verified, meaning that the testers have verified the behavior you are describing. The tricky part which most people mistake is that this state does not necessarily mean that it is Verified to be a bug. That responsibility falls to an engineer to review the case later, in which case the case will either be left as Verified or closed as Not a Bug.

4. Julian S

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK
    Edited 2 years ago

I notice that I've not been getting a few of the feedback emails. Recently I only say a case needed information because I went on it for something else.

5. Gavin S

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

I had a couple of cases closed in the last week and didn't know anyone had looked at them until I got an email saying they were closed as I hadn't provided information in time. I didn't get any other emails.

6. Wayne G

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro New Zealand axisdirect.nz

I had one of those too.

7. Christoph D

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

With the latest Feedback version I also do not received any mail when something/someone changed my cases.

8. Tim J

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Dehydrating in AZ

I've also not received any notifications since the new version went online.

9. Norman P

20 Aug 2017 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

the front end client (on your machine) doesnt send emails
    that's all back end

10. Tim J

I thought that the backend was changed as well (which is why the new front end was required) ... Either way, I've noticed status and comment changes to some of my reports by logging into Feedback but I've not received any email updates.

11. Norman P

20 Aug 2017 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

They've both been getting updated
    Sometimes the client gets updated because the back end gets updated and vice versa

Its a work in progress

12. Greg O

20 Aug 2017 Xojo Inc
    Edited 2 years ago

@Tim J thought that the backend was changed as well (which is why the new front end was required) ...

We forced everyone to upgrade this time because a change on our main server required a security update. We also found that people have recently been filing bug reports against versions of Feedback all the way back to 2013. Keeping everyone up-to-date makes it much easier on us since it is merely an accessory for Xojo.

13. Tim J

... Getting back to the lack of email updates ... ? my point was that It seems to have coincided with the last update.

14. Beatrix W

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers Europe (Germany)

I seem to have missed a couple of mails, too.

15. Alain C

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Switzerland

Same for me, I only received an email with "This case has been closed because it has not received a response in 10 days."

16. Wayne G

20 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro New Zealand axisdirect.nz

I wonder if one of us needs to create a feedback case on this? @Greg OLone? It seems obvious there's been a problem and it is not with the client end.

17. Christian S

21 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

@Gavin S I had a couple of cases closed in the last week and didn't know anyone had looked at them until I got an email saying they were closed as I hadn't provided information in time. I didn't get any other emails.

Well, you could at least go to Feedback and add a note saying, that this needs time. that keeps it open.

18. Louis D

21 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Montreal, QC, Canada

There is a feedback case open for the inconsistency of emails (Feedback Case #49050). It was closed because it stayed too long without activity while needing information. The information required was "did you receive this notification?" obviously, we did not.

Basically, the case stating we don't receive mail notifications was closed because we don't receive notifications. Brilliant. Really.

19. Julian S

21 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK
    Edited 2 years ago

That made me :)

20. Greg O

21 Aug 2017 Xojo Inc

@LouisDesjardins There is a feedback case open for the inconsistency of emails (Feedback Case #49050). It was closed because it stayed too long without activity while needing information. The information required was "did you receive this notification?" obviously, we did not.

Basically, the case stating we don't receive mail notifications was closed because we don't receive notifications. Brilliant. Really.

Case closing is automatic, so yes it got closed, but we should have contacted you directly too.

I'm looking into this again today.

21. Tim J

23 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Dehydrating in AZ

Looks like something got bumped. I'm receiving my email notifications again.

or Sign Up to reply!