Has 2017r2 broken auto layout?

Exact same project built on 2017r1.1 and 2017r2. Seems that auto-layout within containers is not working on 2017r2.
First screen shot from r1.1 build

Now screen shot from r2 build

http://developer.xojo.com/2017r2-release-notes
see notes for case 47879

Norman,
I did read this case before asking my question. The places where auto layout seems to be broken have no iOSLayoutContraint statements, unless I don’t understand. For example the copyright label at the top of the container has a Width =280. There is no modifying iOSLayoutConstraint on that width. As you can see that label is very wide in the 2017r2 build.
But, I am wondering what is going on since nobody else has said anything.

Make sure you set the priorities of the constraints
Everything in iOS IS specified via constraints - including “width = 280”

[quote=346595:@C T Baumgartner]Norman,
I did read this case before asking my question. The places where auto layout seems to be broken have no iOSLayoutContraint statements, unless I don’t understand. For example the copyright label at the top of the container has a Width =280. There is no modifying iOSLayoutConstraint on that width. As you can see that label is very wide in the 2017r2 build.
But, I am wondering what is going on since nobody else has said anything.[/quote]

Try setting your Width constraint’s priority to highest: that should get it back to how it behaved in previous versions of Xojo.

Thanks Norman and Tom. I misunderstood the Feedback case to say that only programmatic iOSLayoutContraint statements needed to have priority reset in existing projects that were working. I now understand that I have to revisit many auto layout priorities with 2017r2.

This almost certainly doesn’t hold in cases where you actually used different priorities before, but I found that the rule of thumb for making everything in my app look the same as it did in older versions of Xojo was “just set all priorities to Highest”.