Project as text file with script

Hi,
When you open xojo_project saved as text and you have some script inside than you get this line inside:
IDEScriptBuildStep=Test;/Test.xojo_code;&h51E22FFF;&h5EEAAFFF;false
Can anybody explain what this hex and boolean data mean in this line?

Thanks,
Kris

I could but I’m more curious what it is you’re trying to do before I do so

Hi Norman,
Hehe, Its for proyect automation.
I have program which is personalized by clients with scripts. Paths for databases, dll’s.
Now each client I duplicate the script and modify manually paths.
By other side I have program made in xojo which generate folders with its tamplate files content, so I would like to create also scripts inside Xojo project.
I have already script file ready but I have to include it inside xojo_project file.
Thats why I would like to know what them mean to not breake the project accidentally.

Regards,
Kris

I’d use an external script
Then you can rewrite the contents of the script file and not have to touch the xojo project since the external script is just a text file

Yes I was thinking about it.
I have them in separate folder. If I have to correct something than i just move script from a folder to build and done.
In other way I have to go to disk folder and sustituite file by other one.
Its very comfortable to do it like this.

either way you shouldn’t need to alter the entry in the project manifest
alter the text file that contains the script regardless of whether its an internal or external script
and, in either case, they CAN be completely empty if thats suitable

Sure you are right.
Any way I’m still curious what they mean…:slight_smile:

“here be dragons. you have been warned” seems appropriate :stuck_out_tongue:

IDEScriptBuildStep= < the kind of item
Test; <- the name of the item
/Test.xojo_code; <- relative path to the item from the project vcp file
&h51E22FFF; <- item UNIQUE id
&h5EEAAFFF; <- items CONTAINER UNIQUE ID
false <- encrypted or not

some of this data, like item names, may be duplicated in the individual files (and they should match or you can get weird issues)
and the lines may be different for different kinds of items (images / pictures etc)
and the “encrypted” is a flag more than anything - if the file is encrypted and this entry says false it doesn’t magically decrypt the file (and setting it true doesn’t encrypt it either)

and note that the manifest defines the logical containment - not the files on disk

Thanks Norman.
I fill worned :slight_smile:
I will consider to change way of how Im doing it now.

Best regards,
Kris