StackView Classes UPDATED (macOS & Linux)

Hi everyone,

i created native StackView Classes for a personal project. I would like to sell it to you. You know StackViews e.g. from Apple iWorks or Sketch. The Classes are platform-independent, no Declares used, only Xojo Standard Components and Classes. The Classes uses the new Xojo Framework (Xojo.Core.Timer)! The Scrollbar will shown automatically.

You can select, if the Views should be animated or not and you can create the style of the Containers by yourself (Screenshots below are just an example). Here’s a small Demo-Video. And here is the Demo-App for macOS.

If somebody is interested, let me know. Price 15€.

I would like to sell. Share implies “give away (for free)”.

Source or encrypted code? Which version of Xojo? What is the animation supposed to be? How are updates handled? Are updates included at all? What about support?

Sure, you will get the full source code. I wrote it with Xojo 2017.1.1. But should work fine with each Xojo Version which uses Xojo.Core.WeakRef and Xojo.Core.Timer. Animation is optional, if you want to slide down the ViewContainers if they expand. If there is a need to update, sure you will get it. And if you have a question, let me know. That’s my suppport.
It was developed under macOS.

Hello,
I’m interesting to buy it. How can I do that ? PayPal ?
Best regards,
G.A.

Looks nice Martin. Can you also provide a Windows build Demo please.

Dear Joost,

i can send you an encrypted Xojo-File which works in Debugmode. I have no Windows, but so you can try and decide :slight_smile:

Greetings

Please send me invoice phillip@1701software.com

Looks very nice!

So you’ll find the Xojo-Demo Project here StackView DEMO. It runs only in Debugger!

You might need some help from @ for the windows build :wink:

Edit: I’m not sure what all you are doing in your timers but on my computer (windows 10) it’s maxing out my CPU.

The animation doesn’t do anything.

You need a website. You need documentation, which explains how to use the code. It should also explain what the customer will get.

[quote=344785:@Beatrix Willius]
You need a website. You need documentation, which explains how to use the code. It should also explain what the customer will get.[/quote]
and factor in the time & effort to do this need to add 5€ to the price per unit

[quote=344763:@Martin Trippensee] @Joost Rongen Looks nice Martin. Can you also provide a Windows build Demo please.

So you’ll find the Xojo-Demo Project here StackView DEMO . It runs only in Debugger![/quote]

@Martin Trippensee - it’s currently not working correctly on Windows 10 (xojo 2017R2b14) You’ll need to arrange yourself a windows VM in order to continue development for both platforms.
If you have Parallels or VMWare you can get Windows10 VM for testing for free from the Microsoft site.

What have you done? Which Plattform?

What’s not working correctly?

[h]StackView HowTo[/h]

Each StackView (=ScrollContainer) can have different ViewContainers.

ViewContainer

To create a ViewContainer, insert a ContainerControl to your project and set his Super to ViewContainer. Then add this code to the ViewContainers Open-Event:

Me.SetMinHeight(50) // to set the height of the ViewContainer if collapsed Me.SetMaxHeight(270) // to set the height of the ViewContainer if expanded

Feel free to style each ViewContainer how you want. To expand/collapse a ViewContainer add e.g. a PushButton (or DisclosureTriangle, …) to it and add this code to PushButtons Acton-Method:

Expand(Not Self.Expanded)

Properties

• Animated As Boolean
  • Expanded As Boolean (Read-only)
    Event Handlers
  • Collapse (optional)
  • Expand (optional)

StackContainer

A StackContainer owns n…* ViewContainers. To create a StackContainer insert a ContainerControl and set his Super to StackContainer. To add your ViewContainers drag them into the StackContainer and add this code to StackContainers Open-Event:

// SizeView & MarginView are samples (Super: ViewContainer) Me.Views.Append(SizeView) Me.Views.Append(MarginView)

Properties

• Animated As Boolean

ScrollContainer

A ScrollContainer owns a Canvas, a ScrollBar (to create the scrolling if needed) and a StackContainer.

Insert a ContainerControl and set his Super to ScrollContainer. Drag a Canvas, a ScrollBar and your StackContainer into it (StackContainer into the Canvas!). Then add this code to ScrollContainers Open-Event:

Init(myStackContainer, myCanvas, myScrollBar, True) // if you wish Animation set true, else false

Properties

• Animated As Boolean

Now drag your ScrollContainer to a Window and run the App.

[quote=344809:@Joost Rongen]@Martin Trippensee - it’s currently not working correctly on Windows 10 (xojo 2017R2b14) You’ll need to arrange yourself a windows VM in order to continue development for both platforms.
If you have Parallels or VMWare you can get Windows10 VM for testing for free from the Microsoft site.[/quote]

or virtualbox for free then get the windows version from the URL above

It’s flickering all the time. (about 3 Hz).
Martin, for this occasion as a developer you MUST test on all platforms you target.
Launch your demo-project on Windows and you see why.
And if you have a Mac already, you can just get Virtualbox and a Windows 10 test VM for free, as Richard said above.

Not usable on Windows.
It uses about 10 % CPU time consistently (Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20Ghz !!!) and is flickering all the time.

On High Sierra there is no difference between Animation on and off.

It was written under macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan). MacOS High Sierra is in Beta Mode![quote=344837:@Stefan Adelsberger]Not usable on Windows.
It uses about 10 % CPU time consistently (Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20Ghz !!!) and is flickering all the time.[/quote]
Changed it to macOS only at the moment. I’ll look at the CPU things.