Signing errors with AW

Mac OS 10.12.6
Xojo 2017r1.1
App Wrapper 3.8

I am getting the “Failed to sign QuizMaker Pro 2017.3b2.app resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed” error repeatedly when attempting to sign the latest version of my app. This version contains no different items in the app package than previous versions of this app. It does have Help files added to the resource fork, but so did previous versions and removing that folder has no effect on the error. I found this previous thread where this error was discussed.
link text
By this thread the issue was solved with versions of AW much earlier than what I am using. I also tried the xattr -rc /Path/to/your.app in terminal mentioned in that thread with no joy.
Has anyone encountered this issue lately? Has anyone an idea of what to look for in the app pkg which might cause this? Can anyone throw me a bone as to what I might try?
TIA

Following up to my own post since no one else seems too have any more idea what’s going on that I do. I removed ALL of the items from the resource directory inside the app pkg. then attempted to sign with AW. Still got the same error message. Apparently, the message AW posts is incorrect, but I have no idea what the real problem may be.

I recommend you contact @Sam Rowlands

AppWrapper has been removing resource forks since 3.6.1 according to the change log, so I agree with Sascha - contact Sam directly.

Did so a few days ago. Awaiting a reply. Thanks, guys

Hi Roger;
Sorry I haven’t looked at e-mail for days; been buried deep in several things and had a lot of parties recently. It is August; the party month (plenty of birthdays and also this year the wife and I threw a huge celebration for 10 years of marriage). We’ve got 3 days of parties coming up on the 10th.

I’ll go look at my e-mail (other 'puter) after I’ve finished eating breakfast.

10 … OMG I must be getting really old
I’m pushing 30 years already

Congratulations and many more happy and healthy years! :slight_smile:

Same goes to you and your Family, @Norman Palardy :slight_smile:

We had our 25th this year. That was when me and my wife visited you in Berlin. We were in a hurry and in casual clothes, so we just said hello to Christian and Ulrich and left after 5 Minutes again.

But I do not want to hijack this Thread. :wink:

[quote=344385:@Norman Palardy]10 … OMG I must be getting really old
I’m pushing 30 years already[/quote]

richard’s mum and dad is 65 years and we get a birthday card from the queen (which we need to apply 3 weeks before the date). Our is 13th anniversary in June

[quote=344381:@Sam Rowlands]Hi Roger;
Sorry I haven’t looked at e-mail for days; been buried deep in several things and had a lot of parties recently. It is August; the party month (plenty of birthdays and also this year the wife and I threw a huge celebration for 10 years of marriage). We’ve got 3 days of parties coming up on the 10th.[/quote]

congratulation Sam and Joy

Try running the following command. This might tell us (or more likely, Sam) which of the files are troublesome.

xattr -lr [path to your app]

When an application is wrapped all attributes (and resource forks) are automatically removed; so I see a couple possibilities.

1. There is a bug in my code that’s missing something on Roger’s app.
  2. There’s a bug in Apple’s API which means it’s missing something.
  3. There’s something else which Apple is flagging.

I’m leaning right now on #3, but more evidence will reveal the cause.

P.S. Thanks all for your congratulations.