MySQL version is 5.1.73?

Getting back into this side of things and was updating my local MySQL install… thought I would check the version on cloud and was surprised to see it’s 5.1.73, from 2013 and not supported???

Anyway to get this updated to 5.7.x?

TIA!

We use the version which ships with the OS, which is CentOS 6 on the older servers.

If you want a newer version of the database, you could transition to a new server which is CentOS 7 w/ MariaDB. Currently version 5.5.52.

FWIW, CentOS backports critical security updates even if they don’t update the entire package, but no, we don’t maintain our own versions of MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL for Xojo Cloud.

Thanks Greg, that would be fine. How would I go about doing that?

Also, what version of PostgreSQL is included with CentOS 7?

Thanks again.

[quote=343948:@Stephen MacLean]Thanks Greg, that would be fine. How would I go about doing that?

Also, what version of PostgreSQL is included with CentOS 7?

Thanks again.[/quote]
The way to upgrade is to purchase a new server, migrate your data, redeploy your apps and then delete your old server.

I’ll look when I’m back at my desk.

Thanks so much!

The version of PostgreSQL on the CentOS7 servers is currently 9.2.18.

Thanks Greg.

Question:PostgreSQL 9.2.x is EOL this September. What are the plans for updating, to what version and when?

Trying to decide, so thanks for your help:)

That all depends on the folks at CentOS. As I said above, they backport security patches, so it’s not like your server would be left vulnerable. If they upgrade, you’ll get the upgrade.

Ok, thanks for all the info and help!