WebListBox

Hi can i Sub Class WebListBox to male it editable on Real Time
Yes/No

thanks

The short answer is No. I don’t believe that this is going to be possible as of the latest release. On the other hand, there are design alternatives to an editable weblistbox, and alternate controls that provide the functionality.

• I have used the Graffiti WebGrid for this purpose.
  • In other applications, I use a regular weblistbox with a “detail section” that has as many textboxes as the listbox has columns. In the selectionchanged event of the listbox, I have code to populate the detail section with the data of the selected row. A Save button has code to update the listbox or the underlying array, and database.
  • I also used a webdialog for the same purpose in another context.

HTH. LD

i have Graffiti WebGrid but it crash so much.

i no good
i have a lot of problems with it

so i have to wait for XOJO to open source WeblistBox or Fix it

Alexis, have you tried creating your own list by embedding WebContainers as rows into another scrollable WebContainer? It’s not terribly hard to do and then you can put anything you want in a row.

You can start here

A variant of Greg’s idea that I also used in one application is to create the container controls as he describes, add them up to a certain number of rows as required (I elected to show a maximum of only 20 lines). Keep the data in an underlying 2-dimension array, and just “scroll” the data that is shown in the home made grid. This means that at some point, you show rows 51-70 of the array on screen. Scroll down one, and you now show rows 52-71, but the on-screen controls did not change. It is a bit more work to get the logic right, but the overhead is a bit less than adding new container controls ad infinitum. When edits are made, update the underlying array. When saving, go through the array (I also have an invisible “dirty” flag for this purpose) and save to database the changed rows. Inserts and deletions can also be managed with some work. (I use a deletion flag in most tables instead of a real physical deletion. You can undelete something that is flagged for deletion, but you cannot easily undelete something that is physically gone). Inserts are just an addition to the table.

edit: edit: Luciano’s grid looks quite interesting. definitely something to try!

Greg i try but the arrow key no works and is no work same way as desktop.

I like Desktop one way can bee same

[quote=343011:@Alexis Colon Lugo]Greg i try but the arrow key no works and is no work same way as desktop.

I like Desktop one way can bee same[/quote]
You’ll never get complete feature parity. The time lag of a round trip to the server just makes some operations impossible.

That’s not to say that inline cell editing should be impossible though. It’s just not possible in the built-in control today.

You would have to implement that all yourself when using containers, including key events.

[quote=342951:@Alexis Colon Lugo]i have Graffiti WebGrid but it crash so much.

i no good
i have a lot of problems with it

so i have to wait for XOJO to open source WeblistBox or Fix it[/quote]
Have you contacted @Anthony Cyphers about your crash problem?
I know for sure that Anthony is willing to help you to get Graffiti WebGrid work without crashing.

Hi Paul
ok but that is more money $300.00 + 799.00 Xojo + 500.00 Valentina
yes al is more money to avoid XOJO Bugs

If I had known that this was going to be this way I would never waste my time in XOJO go to netbeans or other open source for free

I with all these problems I’m still here but I’m getting tired.

the last v2017 of XOJO is more slow the old version so what is go on.

Thanks to all help
I’ll be here until my subscription is over.