SQLite DB Reading Error

Hello guys,

What is the best way to use a SQLite Database for web based apps.

I activated the WAL , i put the db opening and closing in sessions so that each can its own Sessions, and it seems that on one c im doing all the adding to the database and it is working and i have all, and when i look into the other pc i have nothing in a list that supposed to be refreshed and to show the data.

So i wanted to know how i should do so that all the users can see the data that one user added, is not that the role of WAL ? to manage the writing to the file and queue the transactions ?

Thanks again .

As far I know, WAL only controls Writes. It has nothing to do with Reads. Each session will see the data from its most recent Read of the database. If you want the user to see what another user just added to the database, you can let them hit a RefreshButton on the layout, where RefreshButton.Action reloads the data. I guess you can also use a timer for this, having the timer reload the data periodically.

Hi Ralph,

Well that was my point as well, so in the end i did a refresh function that will fetch the data and update the lists from time to time just to make sure all is ok .

Thanks for advices .