Mic Volume

1. 5 weeks ago

Hello, I want to make an application which get the Mic volume level and display it on a ProgressBar. I don't know how to go it so I did some research on the forum but all the example projects were unavailable. I hope somebody could help me. Sorry for my english, is not my natal language. Thanks in advance.

@Federico Jeacute; D'Andrea macOS, but there's no way to do it without a plugin? I have seen some posts on this forum about something like this but the problem is that all the example projects are unavailable.

If you download the latest release of https://github.com/UBogun/Xojo-AppleLib (not the current branch; there are problems with shared code I could not resolve yet), you will find a demo window in the macOS project that does audio metering without plugins.

2. Nothing?

3. Emile S

Jul 16 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

You mean what is in the Windows’ Dock (Windows 10) ?

4. No, I mean this

-image-

(that image is not mine )

I want to make an application that when you speak on the mic shows on a progress bar the level of input. But I don't know how to do it, and there are some posts on this forum with the same as I ask but all the examples projects are unavailable.

5. Emile S

Jul 16 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Mike volume not Loudspeaker volume !!!

I certainly was tired, two hours ago … SORRY.

6. Christian S

Jul 17 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

Mac? Win? Linux? iOS?

7. Christian S

Jul 17 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

e.g. the AVAudioPlayerMBS has metering which can be enabled.
    AVAudioPlayerMBS

8. macOS, but there's no way to do it without a plugin? I have seen some posts on this forum about something like this but the problem is that all the example projects are unavailable.

9. shao s

is not verified Jul 18 Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I'm lazy, so can you post the links to the existing threads? If they're using declares, it might be doable without a plugin, but a plugin might be the easiest, and best supported, route..

10. Ulrich B

Jul 18 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Answer Xojo Deutschland-Evangelist ·...

@Federico Jeacute; D'Andrea macOS, but there's no way to do it without a plugin? I have seen some posts on this forum about something like this but the problem is that all the example projects are unavailable.

If you download the latest release of https://github.com/UBogun/Xojo-AppleLib (not the current branch; there are problems with shared code I could not resolve yet), you will find a demo window in the macOS project that does audio metering without plugins.

11. 4 weeks ago

@Ulrich B If you download the latest release of https://github.com/UBogun/Xojo-AppleLib (not the current branch; there are problems with shared code I could not resolve yet), you will find a demo window in the macOS project that does audio metering without plugins.

Thank you so much!

or Sign Up to reply!