Xojo 2017 R2

July fools!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 days to go before July endsĀ…
(17 days to go 'till Chrismas ???)

In the interest of recycling
https://forum.xojo.com/12860-where-is-my-xojo-2014r2

Actually, Release 1 was March 28th.

Excepted Ā… Geoff told lately (Berlin Ā‘17) that r2 will be released in July 2017. So, 17 days 'till July 31st.

Now, if Xojo released it Ā… on August 15th, 2017, it will be 31 days to go. :wink:

And some companies does not follow their promises. I think to a System File for Storage Devices promised for Sierra and that will never comes for it (for High SIerra, it seemsĀ…) So, for Apple announcements, I will never anymore hold my breath :wink:
Credibility = 0 in that case.

Edit: typo.

I wonder if Xojo version r1.1 suddenly stopped working. This kind of conversation seems to show up once in a while. It is also the reason why Xojo inc does not give any release date.

Norman in this occassion I will save you the trouble. ā€œXojo 2017 r2 will be ready when it is readyā€.

Anyway I am happy with version 1.1, it does what it has to do for me. I rather prefer a stable version than one made in a hurry because they have to reach their deadlines.

Geoff told some weeks ago that Ā“Xojo 2017r2 will be available in July 2017Ā”.

I do not invent anything, I am just taking into account what was said.

I am not. I intend to check 2017r2 once it will be released before an eventual upgrade.

Me too, but you know what ? Who cares about what I prefer ?

July 2017 is not over yet. When you are not happy with version 2017 r1.1, what keeps you from reverting back to a past version which you are satisfied with?

That is what I am doing.

And I am patiently waiting.

Nota: when i am ready for release, I am also happy to be the day of release (I am waiting eagerly the day of release whatever day it will be).

I can wait 6 months before buying something. When the decision is doneĀ… what a shame they do not send the object to me for yesterday (when the decision was not yet done) !!! :wink:

Edit: typos removed. Add one line.

Conclusion:

2017 Release 1 can come from January 1st, 2017 (very doubtfull,but why not ?) to March 31st;
2017 Release 2 can come from April 1st, 2017 (AprilĀ’s Fool) to June 30th;
Ā… and so on.

I was in the nails ā€¦

And I do not made critics for the extra month: I was warned!

Have a nice Sunday !

2017 r2 isnā€™t importantā€¦

Iā€™m waiting for the 2017 r4 . :smiley:

Because of the Android apps. I made some apps with Java and Android Studio 1.x and 2.x, and hate it [IDE doesnā€™t feel fast.]
And before I learn ā€œKotlinā€, I think Xojo with Android will be the perfect solution [for me]. So Iā€™m patient for the 2017 r4. :slight_smile:

If it is anything like iOS, 2017R4 Android will probably be rather limited, and nothing like Android Studio in terms of performances. After two years, iOS remains in a state that hardly qualifies as equivalent of Desktop in terms of features, methods and properties. It is akin to a moped that tries to pass as a Harley-Davidsonā€¦

Harley-Davidson Scooters And Mopeds

Touch. Let us say Harley-Davidson full size bike, then.