Feedback 2017r1.2 - Please Update!

Due to some recent changes to the backend data structures of Feedback, as of today we are requiring that you update to the latest version to continue working with your bug reports and feature requests. Depending on the version of Feedback that you have been running, you may be required to download a new version directly from our website.

Note: If you are using running Feedback on Windows, depending on the version of Feedback you are upgrading from, you may end up with two installs of Feedback in differently named company folders. We recommend uninstalling the older version.

Minimum System Requirements (same as Xojo 2017r1.1)

• Windows 7 SP1
  • OS X 10.9.5
  • Linux Mint 16 or later (18 suggested)
  • Ubuntu 10.04 or later (16.10 suggested)
  • Debian 6.0
  • OpenSUSE 11.3
  • Fedora 13 Desktop
  • CentOS 7

Greg, are the minimum requirements for Mac correct as I cannot connect using Mac OS X 10.8.5.

On Windows 10 I had to check “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” , since it’s showing up blurry if I don’t.

HiDPI is not enabled on Windows because of an issue we’re having with HTMLViewer, so I’m not surprised at that.

What error are you getting?

Its the same error I mentioned in a different conversation a few days ago: Error #505: Unknown socket error #-1200

https://forum.xojo.com/41654-can-t-install-feedback-server-could-not-be-reached/p1#p338770

I assumed from your reply that Feedback no longer supported 10.8.5 so I was surprised when 10.7 was listed as the minimum requirement.

Nearly every new report with attachment fails for me with some SQL-error message on Xojo’s backend - on both Windows 10 and macOS Sierra :frowning:

And a new report for “Prerelease tester” still doesn’t allow me to add more “public (well, prerelease-group)” info - sill only for “xojo & me”.

So I’m not quite happy with Feedback 2017r1.2 yet :wink:

Uninstalled my old copy of feedback, put on fresh one, clicked My Cases and boom, instantly "cannot connect to server etc., program shutdown. Started it back up, worked as normal.

[quote=340151:@Jürg Otter]Nearly every new report with attachment fails for me with some SQL-error message on Xojo’s backend - on both Windows 10 and macOS Sierra :frowning:

And a new report for “Prerelease tester” still doesn’t allow me to add more “public (well, prerelease-group)” info - sill only for “xojo & me”.

So I’m not quite happy with Feedback 2017r1.2 yet ;)[/quote]
The only way I was able to reproduce this was on cases that were originally tagged as Alpha-only and we’ve marked those that were still open as Prerelease-only. If you’re still having this issue on cases where the permissions are set differently, please let me know.

Where can I download a copy of Xojo 2017 r1.2?

It’s not Xojo, we’re talking about our Feedback application.

Confirmed. Our recent security changes on our website (for PCI compliance) have rendered 10.7 and 10.8 unable to connect even with Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket. I have updated the system requirements.

Thanks Greg. Followed instructions above - I un-installed the old version and started again.

Working fine now. WIN7

The link on xojo’s web page is grayed out.

Henry

[quote=340834:@Henry F Gibson]The link on xojo’s web page is grayed out.

Henry[/quote]
Right. Click the platform you are using below that…

Greg:

is it possible for a user without a license to access to the Feedback application ?

[quote=340898:@Emile Schwarz]Greg:

is it possible for a user without a license to access to the Feedback application ?[/quote]
Yes. You only need an account, which you have since you are logged into the forum.

Thank you, Greg.

I am getting a Feedback System not installed after I installed the new version and try the feedback button in Xojo. Do need to do something for Xojo to recognize it? I am running in a Windows environment.

The feedback seems to run directly.

You may need to restart Xojo.