Problem with 64 Bit on Windows 10

Hello,

I have strange problem. I wants to compile my web application for the golive. Because the admin wants a 64 Bit application I tried to compile it so. But it don’t works. I wants to compile it on Windows 10 with Xoxo 2016r4.1. Because this didn’t worked I tried a complete ne installation with a restart of the Windows computer. Also the usage of Xojo 2017 didn’t worked.

The strange thing is, that it works with a 32 Bit application and it also works on macOS (cross compiled). And the absolute strange thing is that it worked a month ago on the same computer with the same project. I think it is a problem with an update of Windows or the AntiVirus software. But it is not possible for me to disable the AntiVirus Software.

Does someone has an idea or a similar effect.

Could you be more specific than “It didn’t work” ?

Hello,

I start the building process and programs dialog shows the assembling… This works until linking appears. But this message don’t disappears and the dialog closes. It seems that it hangs in this state. On the hard disk the folders for the Build are generated. But there er no files inside.

Meanwhile I installed Xojo (2016r1) on another Windows installation. This one is most out of the box - here it works fine.

[quote=338825:@Manfred Richter]Hello,

I start the building process and programs dialog shows the assembling… This works until linking appears. But this message don’t disappears and the dialog closes. It seems that it hangs in this state. On the hard disk the folders for the Build are generated. But there er no files inside.

Meanwhile I installed Xojo (2016r1) on another Windows installation. This one is most out of the box - here it works fine.[/quote]
That seems to indicate that your hypothesis was correct and that it’s something about your machine or antivirus.

That said, look at the Shared build settings and find out what Optimization Level you have set for your project.

Hello,

I used Standard, but tried meanwhile all options. Nothing changed.

In that case, if it’s working on another machine it sounds like your antivirus program may be preventing Xojo from writing to disk. Can you make an exception for it?

Hello,

yes, the virus scanner got an update. And there are several problems with it. Unfortunately I’m not able to disable it. I’ll see if the next update of the anti virus software will solve the problem. For the next three weeks I’m on holiday. And meanwhile I can use my Mac for the creation.

Thank you.

Most virus checkers have a way to provide an exemption, but you’ll have to talk to your IT people.

Hello,

thank you for the answers. If after my holidays the problem still exists, I will contact our anti-virus support team. When I have a result I will tell it here.

Hello,

My holidays are over and nothing changed. So I asked my IT department to deactivate McAffee. They disabled it, but the problem still exists. Meanwhile I found another application, which worked and now don’t any more. So I think there is something else on this Windows PC. If I have some more time I spend to investigate here.

FWIW, I cannot compile on windwos 10 64 bit a windows 64 bit app either. I was thinking this has/had to do with the LLVM transition.

Tim

Compile or Run?

I had the problem while creating the runtime. I did‘t checked it for development. It may depends on the LLVM, but it is also possible that it appears while copying the DLLs. On the PC, the problem occurs it worked 2 month ago. Because I have only limited access to it, I don‘t know what changed meanwhile. We disabled McAffee, but this didn ‘t solved the problem.

I cannot compile - sorry that was not clear. The Xojo IDE crashes.
Tim