iPad deployment

I developed application for iPAD and now I want to deploy it .I tried to uplod it on App store but Apple Store team rejects it beacuse of it is an inhouse app.Also I searched for inhouse app distribution ,I found that we need to create accont for apple developer enterprise program.
Can any one tell me is there another to deply inhouse iPAD app ? or can we do over the air deployment of iPAD app ?

for a small amount of ipads, you can use xcode or appleconfigurator to install the app on the ipads manually
(it seems you will have to reinstall it each week ?)
or the enterprise program is the way to go.
for over the air deployment, you will need an MDM partner or program.

How many seats in-house? If a few, could TestFlight handle it? really designed for testing but…

[quote=338387:@Poonam Kadam]Also I searched for inhouse app distribution ,I found that we need to create accont for apple developer enterprise program.
Can any one tell me is there another to deply inhouse iPAD app ? or can we do over the air deployment of iPAD app ?[/quote]

Over the air deployment has been available since iOS 4 (as I recall the version it got enabled). But it is not as simple as doing a HTTP link to the *.ipa; there are a few hoops you have to jump through to pull it off.

If you need under 1000 installs and all devices are at least iOS 9 (or so?), then you may find Testflight is the easiest way to go. You only need the email address of each person to authorize. It not only helps with the install or updates, but you can actually disable specific people too (perhaps due to company attrition).

But if you want to do over the air installs – what I have done since iOS 4 – then by far the easiest method is to also have an Enterprise license. With it, you obtain a provisioning profile that can be installed on unlimited devices without having to collect the device UDID to add like ad-hoc profiles. But once installed, you can’t disable specific devices – the profile is good for up to a year.

Your choices include:

• Free profile: these are good for only a week, so a poor choice except in limited testing scenarios or during development
  • Regular developer proflie ($99/year): You still need to pre-authorize each device UDID, and I think is limited to 100 devices
  • Enterprise profile ($399/year, I think): Unlimited installs, and no need to pre-authorize each device UDID

The Enterprise license does have several restrictions as to what is allowed. And applications for it are not automatically approved – at least the last time I was involved with one it took a few months to obtain approval. Maybe it is different now.

Anyway, until recently you could install over the air via HTTP but now HTTPS is required for the actual file (although a web page with a link to it can be HTTP). So what some people have done is use Dropbox to host the necessary files, then use a URL shortener to point to the Dropbox location.

Two of the many hits in a web search just now:

Setting up iOS Over the Air Download

Distributing an IPA over the air with dropbox?—?iOS 10 in five minutes

Be aware too the app must have the distribution provisioning profile included (ad hoc or enterprise) and be in an *.ipa format. There is another thread discussing doing that with Xojo here

OK, so due to some issues into the XOJO, xCode or I have no idea why, I cannot build for App Store anymore so I guess I`m for the second version by doing that file manually.

I did all the steps until I reached to the code sign part when it failed , with the message [quote]resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed[/quote]

After some research I discovered this :

[quote]This is a security hardening change that was introduced with iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10.

Code signing no longer allows any file in an app bundle to have an extended attribute containing a resource fork or Finder info.[/quote]

And after checking the issue of it I found that my local database that is deployed with the app is not allowed anymore and it is locked into quarantine.

Any ideas on how to deploy the local database to the app ? avoiding this kind of issue ?

Thanks .

A TestFlight install will only run for 60 days (unless Apple has changed something lately)

Aurelian Negrea : sounds like you are talking about a macOS app and not an iPad one???

[quote=363088:@Dave S]A TestFlight install will only run for 60 days (unless Apple has changed something lately)

Aurelian Negrea : sounds like you are talking about a macOS app and not an iPad one???[/quote]
Nope I`m talking about a iOS one

This might help

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1940/_index.html

[quote=363189:@JrmieLeroy]This might help

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1940/_index.html[/quote]

Thanks Jrmie, I already fixed that.

Well as an update on the tentative of having this remotely installed I did all the steps from here then for .ipa creation and signing i had this .

In the end I ended up with a nice page having all working until the install part begin on the iPad, after downloading and starting to install It throw an error saying that “Unable to Download App” and while looking into the logs I got the following errors from iPad side :

the bundle ID was replaced for report purposes.

What I see here that jump was this “Application is missing the application-identifier entitlement.” so , do I have to set this on the server side or Xojo should do that automatically ?

If anybody has any idea about what’s happening here and what it should be done it will be great .

Thanks again.

Done, finally fix it this page helped fixing the issue

Thanks all

Is there a way to open that url from an iOS app ? instead of going to the safari and pressing that link. ?

My goal here will be to put a button in the app like “Check for updates” and if there are any updates to doit automatically .

Current setup I have the App built and on the website with the url, they go to the website and they press the url, it will download and replace the app, in the current case even if the app is older than the one in the iPad.

On the new case I did the code to check if there is a new version on the server by checking a json response and if yes it should download and replace the app, but in my case I have no idea how to call an url on iOS.

Thanks.

It seems that I managed to call that file by openURL but the issue is now that it cannot install the app as the app is still active, so I need a way to close the app once the Install button is pressed, but that popup comes from the system and it cannot be controlled but the app so far.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hmm it seems that the app installs automatically once I close the app, so is there a way to close the app from the code ?

Thanks .

Done as well, it seems that while searching on the forum I found this post , its a little bit rough by quitting the app like this but at least it does the job and it updates the app.

If I Could control the push of those buttons and get the “Install” response then I could close it properly.

Thanks