Searching - help!

1. 2 years ago

Neil B

16 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers

Did anyone ever mention that searching for topics is difficult? I started a topic about a custom combobox several month ago, but couldn't remember the title exactly. At the top of the search results (searching for 'custom combobox') I see posts from 2-4 years old. This is fine as I realize posts are sorted in order of relevance. It would be extremely helpful if there was an option to sort by most recent first.

2. Tim P

16 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers feedback://46303

The built in search isn't really the most helpful. There are some ways to refine your search.

If you know *who* posted it, sometimes it's easier to find by going to that user's activity
    If you know what it was about, try Google.com and a site specific search: site:forum.xojo.com %search_term%

3. Neil B

@Tim P If you know *who* posted it, sometimes it's easier to find by going to that user's activity

I've done that. And there is no filtering there either so if the user is very active the relevant topic can be 20 pages down.

The only time it's a problem is when you don't know exactly what to search for.

4. Neil B

Maybe the answer is here. ;)

or Sign Up to reply!