what does "not verified" mean

1. 2 years ago

Bill

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

Just curious but what does it mean when it says "not verified" next to a posters name?

2. Emile S

5 Jun 2017 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

demo user = "not verified" (vs licensed user) ?

3. Kem T

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers New York
    Edited 2 years ago

I believe it means they signed up for the forum but have not made a purchase yet from Xojo.

4. Tim P

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers Answer feedback://46303

https://forum.xojo.com/5388-username-verification

5. Edwin v

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro The Netherlands

I was wondering that myself as well.

@Tim P https://forum.xojo.com/5388-username-verification

Thank you, Tim, for pointing that out!

6. Jared F

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Milwaukee, WI

In some cases, such as mine, it means that the software was purchased through an enterprise IT department so the purchase details do not match my name.

7. Kem T

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers New York

Good to know Jared, if that is your real name...

;)

8. Dave S

5 Jun 2017 San Diego, California USA

@Kem T Good to know Jared, if that is your real name...

;)

It is if he is wearing Khaki

9. Jared F

Hoodie and jeans. My true identity may never be revealed :)

10. Bill

5 Jun 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

thanks guys

11. Alyssa F

5 Jun 2017 Xojo Inc Portland, Oregon

@Jared F In some cases, such as mine, it means that the software was purchased through an enterprise IT department so the purchase details do not match my name.

Hi aka Jared,

There are two easy ways to get you to be you on the forum. If a purchaser bought the key for you they can assign the key (https://blog.xojo.com/2013/07/04/assigning-xojo-licenses-to-your-team/ ) to your account, then your info will be relayed in the forum.

Or if your purchaser just gave you the log in for the account, I can add you as an additional contact and make that the default contact in that account. Or you can do this yourself via the Contacts page (https://xojo.com/account/contact/ ) in your account.

If you have questions or want me to take care of this for you PM me or email me hello@xojo.com anytime!

12. Jared F

Thanks Alyssa,
    I sent an email to hello@xojo.com with the relevant details.

13. Robert W

5 Jun 2017 Western Canada

Question: If your license expires, do become "not verified" again?

Maybe I'm being cynical, but it seems to me that a principal function of the "not verified" designation is to create a group of second class citizens on the forum: the cheapskates who haven't paid.

The reason I bring this up: as you can see, I'm listed as not verified, but I've had several Xojo licenses over the years. My latest one expired just a few days ago. I don't know why I was listed as "not verified" during the time the license was in effect, but I didn't pursue the matter, because I have no interest in playing this game.

(If I were using Xojo to make a living, I'd be more than happy to keep up the license subscription at all times. The price is more than reasonable for what you get. However, since I'm retired and only do this as a hobby, and Xojo isn't the only software license I have to budget for, I pick and choose which software licenses to renew, and tend to renew/upgrade only when I see that important new features have been added and/or major bugs affecting my projects have been fixed.)

14. @Robert W Question: If your license expires, do become "not verified" again?

No, you don't. I don't have a current license.

Julen

15. 8 months ago

Bill D

18 May 2018 Pre-Release Testers Somewhere in the void

As I just found out, if you pay via paypal, you are listed as "Not Verified". Apparently because they can't verify your identity. I don't see how that even matters. If I paid for the software (and I did), then I should be verified instead of looking like some cheapskate or warez user. Was my money not as good as those with credit cards? This company has some really elitist ways.

16. Greg O

18 May 2018 Xojo Inc

@Bill D As I just found out, if you pay via paypal, you are listed as "Not Verified". Apparently because they can't verify your identity. I don't see how that even matters. If I paid for the software (and I did), then I should be verified instead of looking like some cheapskate or warez user. Was my money not as good as those with credit cards? This company has some really elitist ways.

Again, contact hello@xojo.com.

17. With all respect Greg O'Lone, but your answer despite it is correct, is rude (maybe not in your part of the world but in some parts it is). It is always safe to address the customer by name in a multi cultural environment. Do not forget that we customers pay your salary.

To Bill Dawson, personally it doesn't matter if there is "not verified" behind the name. There are "not verified" members here who are very helpfull and skilled. By the way, why should you buy an expensive license when the free version is enough for you or anybody else?

But like mentioned above, just contact Alyssa Foley. I am sure by doing that, your issue will be solved. I found her a very helpfull person.

18. Douglas H

18 May 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Chris V By the way, why should you buy an expensive license when the free version is enough for you or anybody else?

Chris,

For me -- and I assume most folks who have a paid license -- it is so that I can generate a compiled executable that I can distribute to clients or others who do not have Xojo installed. A secondary reason, but also important to me, is it allows me to save projects in a non-binary format that works better with a source version control system. (So you can easily track the line specific changes made between versions instead of just being able to roll back to some previous version en masse.)

The fact they allow it to be used freely on your own machine is great though for those who want to experiment with it (no time limit) and use as an educational tool.

Doug

19. Bill D

18 May 2018 Pre-Release Testers Somewhere in the void

@Greg OLone Again, contact hello@xojo.com.

I did that. It's where I got the info I stated from. Also, if you pay via paypal, you are not entitled to the 10% discount on renewals. Nice.

or Sign Up to reply!