Kaju self-updater talk (v.2.x)

1. ‹ Older
  2. last year

Hello!

i just got your testUpdate-App running., but ...

it says "update available", downloads and installs but when i want to try it a second time it says "aborted no write permission"

What am i doing wrong?

if i copy the updated app to another location then there is a error "RSA Signature could not be verified"...

3. sorry my mistake, i didn't realised that the public rsa key is unique for each kaju project, it's working now!!

4. Christoph D

23 Oct 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

FWW Kaju does not seem to work correct when your app is Notarised. I think it prevents the use of the scripts.
    Didn't look into detail right now ..

5. Kem T

24 Oct 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

As I'm not on Mojave, and won't be for a while, I'm going to have to rely on someone who is to look into this.

6. Christoph D

24 Oct 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Kem T As I'm not on Mojave, and won't be for a while, I'm going to have to rely on someone who is to look into this.

Ì don't think this is fixable. Notarised apps cannot handle files via (apple)scripts.

7. Julia T

4 Nov 2018 Sandy Hook, Connecticut

Trying Kaju seriously for the first time now, and unclear on a few points. Firstly, is this a reasonable server directory structure?

-image-

Secondly, I'm confused as to the sequence of events: I have to first load my binaries into the Admin app in order to get an RSA key, but the RSA key has to go back into the Xojo source and then I need to recompile with the RSA key and upload again? Won't that change the hash values?

Am I supposed to do anything with the hash values?

When there's an update, exactly what needs to be changed in the Xojo source? Do I need to generate and compile with a new RSA key for each release? I'm guessing yes, since the updater URL always points to the same JASON file.

When I try the Preview pulldown in the Admin app, I get this "Missing security token" error:

-image-

This is after compiling with the RSA key in the Xojo source and re-uploading the files. Despite getting this error on preview, Kaju still exported an updater file, but I haven't tested it yet.

8. Kem T

4 Nov 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

No, once you create the admin file (which you should save in a safe place), you can get the RSA key from it and that key doesn't not change. Put the key into your app as illustrated by the test project and described in the Read Me and then compile. All the Update info needs is to know the hash of the zip file associated with each version.

I don't know why it would be giving you that error in Preview.

9. Julia T

4 Nov 2018 Sandy Hook, Connecticut

Updater's working now, and I'm starting to get the hang of it, thanks :)

10. Hi Kem,

First let me say I love Kaju and for the most part it works great, except for one thing...

I am using v2.1 and I have the same issue as Julia Truchsess above, where which ever option I choose in the Preview pulldown in the Admin App, I always get the "Missing security token" error. It's probably something I'm doing wrong although I've been through the documentation and I can't see what might be missing. I am on MacOS 10.14 Mojave, incase you think that might be the cause?

Thanks

11. Kem T

7 Nov 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

Unfortunately, I am not on Mojave so I can't test that aspect of it, and I don't know why Preview would be doing that. Perhaps @Julia T figured that out?

12. Hmmm, I wonder, could it be because my files are not being accessed via https?

I see that is also the case with @Julia T in her screenshot above...

Thanks

13. Kem T

I haven't merged the develop branch into master yet, but you should try that out with the new ExecuteAsync function. That uses the new framework HTTP socket and might resolve all sorts of problems.

14. OK Kem, thanks for your reply, I'll give it a go and let you know... :)

15. Sorry Kem I can't work out how to use the Async socket...

Here's a screenshot of the error I see in the IDE (in case this helps).

-image-

Thanks

16. Alberto D

7 Nov 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Image:
    -image-

17. Kem T

Thanks Alberto, that might clear it up. That might be a bug where you need to copy the public key once just to get it to generate before using Preview.

18. Julia T

7 Nov 2018 Sandy Hook, Connecticut

HIgh Sierra here, not Mojave. I resolved the issue by ignoring it, since the updater works :)

19. Mark S

16 Nov 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

I am trying to implement Tem's version of Kaju for a Windows app. I am using the latest 2.x from Github. I am using High Sierra to compile with Xojo 2018 release 2.

Cannot get past this error:
    "The update packet signature marker was incorrect"

I put the output of the Xojo compile in the root of a ZIP file and not the directory for the app created by the compiler.

I assume Julia's directory structure is correct above and the JSON file goes in the top level and various versions can go in sub-directories as her screen shot above. I am putting the correct URL in the Windows program on where to find the ZIP file in one of the sub-directories but how does Kaju know where to find the JSON file?

I think I am finding the ZIP file OK because if I rename it on the server to a "bad" name I get a fairly quick error but if the name is correct it takes a while for the error to appear.

I can get the admin program to calculate the hash from the URL although I have a cert on the server the admin program won't recognize the URL as an httpS.

Is this error based on the hash or "security token" in the JSON file?

Any help would be appreciated.

I am getting close to just putting a way to download an InnoSetup installer but some time in the future I may also have a Mac version.

20. Julia T

16 Nov 2018 Sandy Hook, Connecticut

@Mark S I am putting the correct URL in the Windows program on where to find the ZIP file in one of the sub-directories but how does Kaju know where to find the JSON file?

The URL must point to the JSON file, not your zipped app.

21. Kem T

16 Nov 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

What she said.

Mark, have you gone through the READ ME and tried the test app that comes with the project?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!