FWW Kaju does not seem to work correct when your app is Notarised. I think it prevents the use of the scripts.
Didn't look into detail right now ..
Trying Kaju seriously for the first time now, and unclear on a few points. Firstly, is this a reasonable server directory structure?
Secondly, I'm confused as to the sequence of events: I have to first load my binaries into the Admin app in order to get an RSA key, but the RSA key has to go back into the Xojo source and then I need to recompile with the RSA key and upload again? Won't that change the hash values?
Am I supposed to do anything with the hash values?
When there's an update, exactly what needs to be changed in the Xojo source? Do I need to generate and compile with a new RSA key for each release? I'm guessing yes, since the updater URL always points to the same JASON file.
When I try the Preview pulldown in the Admin app, I get this "Missing security token" error:
This is after compiling with the RSA key in the Xojo source and re-uploading the files. Despite getting this error on preview, Kaju still exported an updater file, but I haven't tested it yet.
No, once you create the admin file (which you should save in a safe place), you can get the RSA key from it and that key doesn't not change. Put the key into your app as illustrated by the test project and described in the Read Me and then compile. All the Update info needs is to know the hash of the zip file associated with each version.
I don't know why it would be giving you that error in Preview.
First let me say I love Kaju and for the most part it works great, except for one thing...
I am using v2.1 and I have the same issue as Julia Truchsess above, where which ever option I choose in the Preview pulldown in the Admin App, I always get the "Missing security token" error. It's probably something I'm doing wrong although I've been through the documentation and I can't see what might be missing. I am on MacOS 10.14 Mojave, incase you think that might be the cause?
I am trying to implement Tem's version of Kaju for a Windows app. I am using the latest 2.x from Github. I am using High Sierra to compile with Xojo 2018 release 2.
Cannot get past this error:
"The update packet signature marker was incorrect"
I put the output of the Xojo compile in the root of a ZIP file and not the directory for the app created by the compiler.
I assume Julia's directory structure is correct above and the JSON file goes in the top level and various versions can go in sub-directories as her screen shot above. I am putting the correct URL in the Windows program on where to find the ZIP file in one of the sub-directories but how does Kaju know where to find the JSON file?
I think I am finding the ZIP file OK because if I rename it on the server to a "bad" name I get a fairly quick error but if the name is correct it takes a while for the error to appear.
I can get the admin program to calculate the hash from the URL although I have a cert on the server the admin program won't recognize the URL as an httpS.
Is this error based on the hash or "security token" in the JSON file?
Any help would be appreciated.
I am getting close to just putting a way to download an InnoSetup installer but some time in the future I may also have a Mac version.
The ReadMe, despite having a seemingly great amount of detail and even a section called "Step by Step", nonetheless presumes a lot of pre-knowledge about how Kaju works on the part of the user. In this case, the info on that URL says only "you must also set... the UpdateURL where it will get its update information", which is pretty ambiguous.
I have actually printed the ReadMe and looked at it carefully but as Julia says I think it assumes some knowledge of Kaju. Before I saw this post I did not have any version sub-directories but when I saw Julia's structure it was clear I did not fully understand everything I needed to know.
I have experimented for a while before posting here. Hopefully this will get me past the "signature marker" error.