Kaju self-updater talk (v.2.x)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

Aurelian N

12 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Hello Kem,

Any idea why I`m getting an 103 error ? I get the pref file and the update popup shows but when I press update to do the actual update , it gets stuck for a while then I get this error.

Thanks.

3. Aurelian N

13 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Aurelian N Hello Kem,

Any idea why I`m getting an 103 error ? I get the pref file and the update popup shows but when I press update to do the actual update , it gets stuck for a while then I get this error.

Thanks.

Well that was weird, I just copied the URL and paste it on that pc browser, the app start to download, I cancel it and tried again and it started the update , so I have no idea why and how but it start to work now .

4. Aurelian N

It seems that I`m getting some weird thing going on, so first of all , the app does not restart anymore once you press install and quit, then in the updates temp folder I get a folder called appname.exe-1 and one more called a--name.exe-tempfolder , those should be deleted or why there are 2 ? thanks

5. Kem T

13 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

Do you set the App.UpdateInitiater property to Nil in App.Close?

6. Aurelian N

@Kem T Do you set the App.UpdateInitiater property to Nil in App.Close?

Hi, yes I did, but I guess its something wrong with the pc settings, corporate provisioning, so even the update does not work some times, it gives that 103, which based on the docs means cannot reach or find the url if I`m right so I have no idea why .

What about those 2 folders ? I assume that one is for the previous version and one for the temp processing folder .

Thanks.

7. Kem T

13 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

Yes, one is where the new version is downloaded and the other (if I recall) is for temp processing. You should be able to delete both safely.

8. Bob K

6 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

Any known issues with 2017 R3?

9. Kem T

6 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

I haven't tried yet, but wouldn't expect so.

10. Bob K

7 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

hm...okay. getting some odd results back from the HTTPSocket but I'll dig into it more today if I have the chance.

11. Bob K

Even though I've set Redirect to true it's not finding the correct address. A quick test in the Xojo framework shows that it brings it back the file contents as expected. So it appears that the redirect code isn't working as expected. Very odd.

Man, I love this stuff </s>

12. Bob K

Looks like Kaju.HTTPSSocket.GetHeaders isn't working the way it's implemented. Always returns Nil (at least in R3).

13. Kem T

7 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, MVP Connecticut

That's going to make things painful. Were you able to verify that outside of Kaju?

14. Bob K

Yeah. If I put an HTTPSocket on a Window and call the URL it has the HeadersReceived event fires with the new Location.

15. Kem T

I just tried the Kaju test app (Mac 64-bit) without issue, fwiw.

16. Tim P

7 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Rochester, NY

With a 301 or 302?

17. Bob K

I suspect there's an issue with the SSL certificate on the website we're using.

18. Phillip Z

7 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Florence, SC
    Edited 2 years ago

Just to add to this conversation I am working on some minor tweaks to Kaju which I will submit a pull request for. I am switching the HTTPSocket's to the new Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket for two reasons:

1. I want the app to check for updates asynchronously so as not to lock up the app while checking.
    2. I need the update checker to follow SSL redirects so that updates and the JSON can be used behind SSL.
  19. Kem T

Sounds good, I'm happy to take a look.

20. Michel B

27 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Alright. I sell a significant number of packages on Amazon on CD. The big issue some of the users are utterly unable to download themselves. So I am going to try and implement Kaju for on CD software.

I am sure I will have questions very soon ;)

21. Michel B

27 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 2 years ago

I just tried the test app on Windows 10 with 2016R3.

When I check I get the update page, but then all I get is a beep when I click anywhere.

After quitting, I get

An error has occured. Would you like to try again now or later ?
    The update data cannot be read - Webkit HTMLViewer is not currently supported for 64-bit

Note that I cannot build in 64 bit anyway.

After clicking Try Again, I get the update page, and again the same error. After another Try again, I was able to download the update.

Now I get "The downloaded file appears to be corrupted" :(

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!