Windows Remote Debugger Malicious Termination

I try to run from my Mac the Run Remotely and the Windows computer appears so I select it.
I then get “Failed to connect properly. Malicious Termination occurred.”

On my windows I made a rule on the port for TCP and UDP to allow inbound.

Also, allowed inbound to the Xojo remote desktop application.

Still doesn’t work. I did restart last week and it installed infamous windows updates.
I’m guessing whatever that was is now blocking it because this used to work PERFECTLY.

Any suggestions???

Make sure Windows allows outbound as well for the app you’re debugging not just the stub
The stub talks to the ide initially and then the app connects back to the ide for debugging

If you’re on a lan (and your modem isn’t directly connected to your windows pc), try disabling the windows firewall and see if the problem goes away. Let us know if it doesn’t.

Yes this is a network on the same wireless router.

I disabled:

• ESET antivirus
  • malware bytes
  • spyware seek and destroy
  • windows firewall

I am getting “Failed to connect properly” on the mac.

However note that my mac does see the remote desktop debugger as I can select it. I know before I knew about the debugger it would not list the windows computer on there as an option to remote debug.

If the IP address of the Windows machine changes, does that require a restart of the Mac?
I just restarted Xojo only to see if that IP was cached wrong.

Anything else to try? I really need to remote debug if possible. I have other options but man does that make life easier.

How do I make sure that is allowed?

Two other things to look at: Every once in a while I have to disconnect my Mac connection from the Internet connection and reconnect and get a new IP address. Have no idea but sometimes after a few months I cannot connect on the listed IP address, have no idea why. And another thing I ran into about 3 years ago, I could not get write permissions on the download folder, no matter what I did. Even got a Xojo engineer to look at it and he had no idea why it would allow the file to be written to the location (that had previously worked). I switched it to the desktop and it worked fine after that.

[quote=334611:@Merv Pate]Two other things to look at: Every once in a while I have to disconnect my Mac connection from the Internet connection and reconnect and get a new IP address. Have no idea but sometimes after a few months I cannot connect on the listed IP address, have no idea why. And another thing I ran into about 3 years ago, I could not get write permissions on the download folder, no matter what I did. Even got a Xojo engineer to look at it and he had no idea why it would allow the file to be written to the location (that had previously worked). I switched it to the desktop and it worked fine after that.

[/quote]

Merv appreciate the ideas but unfortunately didn’t help. Same problem.

I’m left compiling into dropbox. And just running the app in Windows but that doesn’t let me break on any code. :frowning:

Tim, I misspoke. To clarify, I go the opposite way, I remote from Windows to the Mac. So you might try to get a new IP address for Windows machine. I know the feeling, every once in a while the remote debugger acts up and it’s hard to pin down what the problem is.

My normal dev mode is to dev on the Mac primarily and then just test in Windows when there is a bug or something acting weird.

I will keep working on it.

That could be part of the problem? - DropBox has really bad effects for live filesystem operations such as compiling an app. I would recommend to not have your Xojo project under DropBox control.

Hmmm are either of the machines connecting wirelessly? If they are can you try it wired and see if you get the same problem?

What version of windows are you running?

+1
Sometime back, I tried that setup with a different file sync service and sometimes Xojo couldn’t save a file it needed to, because the backup service was doing something at the time with the same file. The sync service process would get hung doing something occasionally and the file would not get saved, and some work would be lost. Didn’t happen often, but even once was more than I wanted to deal with.

I’ve been using the Dropbox set up for almost 4 years now with ZERO problems. You just have to understand how to set the file structure up so both systems don’t get confused when you open Xojo. Anyway I have not had any problems at all with it. (Knock on electronic wood)

The Mac is wireless but the Windows 7 machine is ethernet direct to the wireless router.

This setup has worked for months but just stopped working recently. I tried disabling every “anti” software and firewall I have to no avail. Only thing I can think of is that our great friends and Microsoft added some security update that makes it not work. I even added the remote debugger to allow it to communicate.