Remote Debugger not logging error

I have a desktop app that works fine on Mac & Windows, but trying it on Raspbian Jessie with Pixel running on a Pi3 B it dies after I hit my login button.

The remote debugger doesn’t log any errors. At this point in the app it has used http socket successfully and wrote to the disk using the preferences method that was shared in the forums. Then it opens a new window and closes the login window. The new window never opens the app exits. Is there some text log file somewhere that is even if the debugger fails to debug?

I compiled the app to see if it acted any differently, but the same result it dies at the same place. The next window has a tab panel and many controls spread out I have no way of knowing what it’s breaking on with debug.

The remote stub doesn’t log anything
It acts as an agent for the ide to talk to to send your debug app to the remote machine
The IDE then tells it to start the app and once it does so the remote stub is out of the picture
Everything after that point is the IDE talking directly to your remote app
So you should be able to go step by step one line of code at a time until you find the issue using the IDE debugger

Does it perform any differently when debugging remotely versus a desktop app? I mean does it throw exception errors, not sure the best approach here, there are so many controls with their own code.

[quote=332535:@Norman Palardy]The remote stub doesn’t log anything
It acts as an agent for the ide to talk to to send your debug app to the remote machine
The IDE then tells it to start the app and once it does so the remote stub is out of the picture
Everything after that point is the IDE talking directly to your remote app
So you should be able to go step by step one line of code at a time until you find the issue using the IDE debugger[/quote]

Well the issue is the HTML viewer it seems I am going to open a different thread.

Once your app has started the Remote Stub is NOT involved in any way any more
If your app starts the Remote Stub is NOT your problem

Its your app and the IDE talking directly to each other using a TCP socket instead of an IPC socket
Thats the only real material difference
This sounds more like something in your app that isn’t working on the Pi for some reason

Quite literally put a break point in your login button, run your app and when you reach that break point start pressing “step” to see where things go AWOL