Layout editor slow after 2017.1.1 update

I’m experiencing a significant slow-down of the layout editor since updating to 2017.1.1 (PRO version). Admittedly, I have a lot of controls spread across 10 or more tabs but the prior version handled it very well. The 2017.1.1 layout editor has become so slow as to almost be unusable. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes?

Me too.

Just re-evaluating Xojo again after a long break and it seems slower than I remember it. I’m on a not inconsiderable Linux box (32g RAM, i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, GeForce GT 630 vid card) that runs most things very well.

Adding and repositioning controls can take a low handful of seconds before responding which, in isolation doesn’t seem like much but takes its toll after a while.

I have no mods as it’s the free version and not a lot else running.

Let me know if there’s anything specific I can post that would help.

I do not see a difference between 2017r1 and r1.1 but the overall slow GUI is nothing new for the last 2 years (ever since the Xojo GUI).
Especially if you have a HiDPI monitor it is very very slow on Windows and slow on macOS.

I doubt this can be optimised. Maybe the new Xojo GUI (announced for later this year) will bring some improvements.

The Xojo layout editor is indeed slower than my last registered version (2015 r2.3).

Nevertheless, besides the slower speed, I am satisfied about the editor and Xojo in general. Also this is Core2Duo 2.4 Ghz centrino processor from 2009, so that will surely add to the speed problem.

I had experience the LAG but after I bough license, it has a great improvement.

I’ve not got much to compare it to so I don’t know if it’s any worse than before, but in absolute terms it seems quite slow. Time will tell if I can live with it enough to get a licence (though to be fair that’s not the only evaluation criteria).

There is no difference between the free and payed version. You are letting it sound if you buy a license, Xojo is suddenly faster. That is not true.

But mine has improvement after bought the 2017 license. I don’t know why.

But definitely, its not as same speed with the older version.

[quote=332785:@ronaldo florendo]But mine has improvement after bought the 2017 license. I don’t know why.

But definitely, its not as same speed with the older version.[/quote]
Christoph is correct. We do not throttle Xojo’s performance based on whether a user has a license or not.

Hi Greg,

So is there a chance to make XOJO IDE run more faster?