2 Statements on same line

In other languages we could put 2 statements on the same line.

A=1 : B =2 : C = 3

How do we do this in Xojo ?

You dont
Why do you feel you want to/need to anyway ?

I am going to be using code from one of my VB.net programs and i used this alot to organize my code better.
In my opinion its easier to group similiar code on a single line.

Split them into many single lines
It wont work otherwise

I did use a lot that syntax when I was using VB, but I have grown to appreciate the clarity of one command per line.

With all on a single line, it is too easy to overlook a part of it.

You can reformat your code in a regular expression-aware text editor using the tip I posted here. (It doesn’t look like you can do this directly in the IDE unfortunately.)

In this case, use the pattern:

"[^"\\r\
]*(?:"|$)(*SKIP)(*FAIL)|(?:'|//|\\bREM\\b).*$(*SKIP)(*FAIL)|[\\x20\\t]*;[\\x20\\t]*

On Windows, replace it with

\\r\

This will remove the spaces and tabs around the “;” too.

I believe the only multiple statement per line syntax that you need to be most worried about converting is something like

if condition then do_this:do_that:do_something_else

which would convert to

if condition then 
  do_this
  do_that
  do_something_else
end if

Actually, a simple global replacement in Word of “:” by “^p” would automatically cut all those verbose lines.

but it would NOT add the sometimes required “END IF”…which was my point

[quote=331914:@Kem Tekinay]You can reformat your code in a regular expression-aware text editor using the tip I posted here. (It doesn’t look like you can do this directly in the IDE unfortunately.)
[/quote]
That pattern doesn’t seem to work in RegExRX either ? :frowning:

and the also breaks code lines containing quoted strings that have a “:” in them

s="Hello:World"

We live in an imperfect world :wink:

I tested it before posting…

DItto

Only think I can think of is that you copied and pasted the pattern into RegExRX, but didn’t notice the trailing EOL. Try this:

(?x)"[^"\\r\
]*(?:"|$)(*SKIP)(*FAIL)|(?:'|//|\\bREM\\b).*$(*SKIP)(*FAIL)|[\\x20\\t]*;[\\x20\\t]*