Concurrent SQLSelect to a readonly database in a Web application

I’m willing to use an in memory SQLiteDataBase in a web application using only SQLSelects i.e. with no data modification.
I’m planning to use only one database Connect at the application level and execute multiple and concurrent SQLSelect at the session level.

Is this the right way to use a “readonly” database in this scenario?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

how can you use an “in-memory” database?
Which session is going to populate it? (at which time it is no long a read-only)

In memory or not you should not have one connection for ALL queries
This is a recipe for problems
Each session should have a connection - which isn’t a problem

Ok Norman, this was my concern.
How can I have a single in memory database where multiple sessions are connected to?

Hi Dave,
the database will be an app property loaded in memory, using the backup method, during the app.open event.

[quote=331513:@Maurizio Rossi]Ok Norman, this was my concern.
How can I have a single in memory database where multiple sessions are connected to?[/quote]
Pretty sure you cant - I cant think of any way to
But how are you going to populate it ?
If its “read data from disk” then why not just use one on disk with many connections ?

Why in memory:

1. it’s not so big (few Mbytes)
  2. I don’t want the file be locked in the filesystem

Point 2 is the more important: it seems that the file is locked when a Connect is done and some other utilities complains about this.

Just to be clear, I wasn’t sure if the SQLSelect method can be called from different threads on a single Connect or must be called from different threads where each thread have a private Connect.

Thank you Norman for your reply.

1. many connections to in memory db’s will require that each basically has its own copy so this will increase the memory your app requires. A single shared read only db on disk will require less.

2. I’m curious why #2 matters ?
    You cant replace the file on disk when its open (and I’d suggest this is a bad thing to do)

The db will be in memory as a property of the app so as a single copy.
The select statements will be serialized using a critical section: performances are still good.

#2 matters only because the current utility used to backup, not to overwrite, the db complains about the locked state.
This will be adjusted/changed in the future.