TextEdit Calculator

1. 7 months ago

Neil B

17 May 2017 Pre-Release Testers

Before I reinvent the wheel. Does anyone know of a calculator that works similar to the function in QuickBooks?

-image-

@ChristianSchmitz I did just buy the MBS plugins. Nothing in there is there?

2. Bob K

18 May 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

Nothing that I'm aware of. It would be an interesting project, though.

3. Dave S

18 May 2017 San Diego, California USA
    Edited 7 months ago

any documentation on the QuickBook version..... I might be tempted to tackle something like that

FYI... it seems that feature in no longer in Quickbooks (at least not the US version anymore)

4. Bob K

18 May 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

I know, right? If I didn't have 50,000 other things on my plate I'd be willing to play around with it too.

I suspect it's a popup window with a canvas. Popups work differently on Mac and Windows (or at least the last time I looked in detail).

5. Dave S

Edited 7 months ago

FYI... it was called QuickMath
    https://community.intuit.com/questions/1337413-how-do-i-use-the-quickmath-calculator

bored.. tempted. :)

thinking TextEdit with a Listbox (or maybe canvas)

6. Dave S

I have started to build one of these.....
    it will be two controls actually....

• a custom TextEdit that will accept only numeric input, pressing "=" will activate the "tape"
    • the "tape" control.

The tape control will be placed in your window (anywhere) and set to not visible, there will be a need for only ONE tape control to be shared amongst as many textedit fields as you have.

It will do simple + , - , * and /
    ESC will cancel all transactions and leave the original value in the textfield
    RETURN/ENTER will commit the transactions to the textfield
    "C" will clear the last transaction

so the tape will only accept 0-9, + , - , / , *, RETURN, ENTER, Backspace, Escape and "C" characters

7. Dave S

FYI.... I have a somewhat working version of this custom control already built... it isn't "finished" and has a few bugs, but it will be working soon....

8. Dave S

https://forum.xojo.com/40684-quickmath-textfield-control

9. Neil B

18 May 2017 Pre-Release Testers

I was out all day. Thanks Dave. I will have a look at it when i get back in the morning,

or Sign Up to reply!