hvHTML don't show pdf in Linux

1. 4 months ago

for pdf converted from tiff

hvHTML.LoadPage fi

works on my MacOSX 10.12.4

but it doesn't work

on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

How can I still show it within my mainWindow

Again Safari and the underlying engine on OS X has support for things that most browsers don't because of the support that CoreGraphics gives Safari
    So while most major browsers and underlying engines do not support PDF or TIFF ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#Image_format_support ) Safari does

I'd use PNG or JPG

If you have imagemagick installed on Linux it may be able to convert the TIFF to a JPG or PNG

2. Norman P

May 9 Xojo Inc

PDF viewing is not built into the HTMLViewer itself
    On OS X The underlying OS control has a way to do this
    On Linux it does not

You'd need "something else" to

• maybe turn the PDF into an image
    • a plugin likeDynaPDF to open & show the PDF
  3. Michel B

May 9 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Or simply display the TIFF, and not turn it into a PDF in the first place ...

4. TIFF file displaying with HTMLViewer1.LoadPage fi works on Mac but doesn't
    work on Linux
    is it possible to wrap in <html tags>
    Anybody have a simple example?

5. Michel B

May 9 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Convert it to png or jpeg.

6. 3 months ago

Norman P

May 9 Xojo Inc Answer

Again Safari and the underlying engine on OS X has support for things that most browsers don't because of the support that CoreGraphics gives Safari
    So while most major browsers and underlying engines do not support PDF or TIFF ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#Image_format_support ) Safari does

I'd use PNG or JPG

If you have imagemagick installed on Linux it may be able to convert the TIFF to a JPG or PNG

7. i'm able to convert the files in terminal with mogrify/convert from the imagemagick package
    but it splits multiple pages in different files, so i have to handle it twice (png_view and pdf_store)

Thanks for your advice

or Sign Up to reply!