Pop up menu to print pdf

good morning,

i’m coding an web application to print hardcoded PDF’s

i want to have an popup menu where i can choose if it should be the same pdf but if it should be with 2,3 or 4 signature rows

would be glad for any help

Is your question about creating a footer with signature lines on a PDF or about displaying a popup menu?

i try to explain it better:

the interface has a theme and a date but there are 3 different types of the PDF,

3 signatures, 4 signatures and 2,

i just need a pop up where i can choose the PDF and with my own PDF print button i just want to print

or is it impossible to do that?

i mean, it’s like the thing where you choose your age if you sign up somewhere just instead of the age number it changes the numbers of rows of the signatures of the PDF

Create an array that contains the documents folderItems, and put the names in the popupmenu. In the SelectionChanged event, all you got to do is fetch from the array the folderItem corresponding to ListIndex.

For the print part, you need to display the PDF, and either instruct the user to type Ctrl-P/Cmd-P, or add a “Print” link with the URL :

javascript:print();

You can also showURL that code from a button.

If, like a lot of websites do, you want to open a new window with the PDF in it, use a link with target new window to point to a Webfile set to the PDF. You will need to instruct the user to press Ctrl-P/Cmd-P in that new window to print.

i want to have an popup menu where i can choose if it should be the same pdf but if it should be with 2,3 or 4 signature rows

How does a signature fit to a popup menue?

I think you need a web slider. See here: http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/WebSlider
if SilderValue.value = “2” then pdf.print (one signature)
if SilderValue.value = “3” then pdf.print (two signatures)
if SilderValue.value = “4” then pdf.print (three signatures)

thanks for this suggestion,

i tried it with an label and it works but not with the buttons, how can i do it with the button?