Palette not moving

Xojo 2015r2.4, Why would a palette not move? I though they did this by default. Am i missing something?

Not enough information to help you.

Could be that there was a bug. Have you tried in the latest version?

Not sure what more information would help buts its a blank palette being called from a button. Nothing fancy.

I’ll try a newer version but this is the version I’m licensed for so if this is the problem then I’ll have to rethink my design :-/

I just asked you to test it so we don’t spend lots of time finding something that’s already fixed.

Does the palette actually have the focus or are you immediately taking the focus away somewhere?

Tried the latest version still doesn’t move.

I’m not taking focus away. I’m just opening it. I have a button that triggers an event definition in a container control. then i open it from the event handler that i create.

Have you restarted? When I get weird behaviour in Xojo a restart usually fixes it. And I mean a restart, not just restarting Xojo.

restart didn’t help

Test App

Here is a test app with just the basic components that are not functioning properly if anyone wants to take a look at it and let me know if i am doing something wrong.

The palettes are moving fine from that test project.

Would you please just verify in the Inspector that Palette is actually a Palette ? I have seen sometimes newly created palette turn into modal dialogs. Which would definitely account for what you report.

Hmm that is weird. The test project doesn’t work for me. I’m on Windows 10 and using Chrome. I wonder if that may have something to do with it. What are you using?

just found that internet explorer moves the palette just fine for me but chrome on windows 10 will not move the palette

Internet Explorer and Edge work. Chrome and Firefox does not work. Is there anyway i can fix this? or confirm that the other browsers are not working as well?

See! I told you there wasn’t enough information to help us help you :slight_smile:

Check your browser versions for Chrome and Firefox, check for updates and all that.

both are latest versions for windows 10

You did not find it worth an answer, but I confirm my previous post. If you drag from the library, or double click on Palette in there, it actually creates a modal dialog. I just verified it. You really want to check in the Inspector under Appearance that it is indeed of type Palette.

Moreover, I just tried under Windows 10 Creator Edition with Chrome 58 and Firefox 53 (the very latest versions) with a run in 2017R1, and palettes move just as smooth as ever.

well its something wrong with my system. not sure what that would be. i have another laptop with windows 10 and chrome that works fine. very weird not sure what it might be.