How does bookmarking a forum post work?

1. 2 years ago
    Edited 2 years ago

I find a post that is helpful and want to go back to it again. And I can see the "Bookmark" flag in the right under the "Controls" button and I can bookmark a topic, but then where is my list of bookmarked topics? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

So if you put #bookmarked in that field and search, you don't get your marked topic? It works for me here.

2. Greg O

17 Apr 2017 Xojo Inc

it shows a red flag next to the entries and you can search on them by entering "bookmarks" in the filter.

3. Edited 2 years ago

By "filter", do you mean the search field in the upper right? Because that does not work for me. I have this topic :

https://forum.xojo.com/29637-adjusting-window-title-bar-look-behavior-on-el-capitan

bookmarkerd, but it does not show if I understand you right. So, I probably don't. I've searched all over Google for "esoTalk bookmark" and there is no help to be found there, either.

I see the red flag when I open the link however. But on its own, it's not very useful.

4. Greg O

18 Apr 2017 Xojo Inc Answer

So if you put #bookmarked in that field and search, you don't get your marked topic? It works for me here.

5. Well, yes if I put "#bookmarked" it works. But if I followed the previous instrucitons and put "bookmarks" it does not. ;)

Thanks, this is now going to be very useful. Great to have it sorted out.

6. Robert W

18 Apr 2017 Western Canada

I've never used the bookmark option. I just click the "Follow" button if I'm in the thread (or the Follow star on the left side of the topic in the main index), which is more direct, and seems to do pretty much the same thing.

7. Greg O

18 Apr 2017 Xojo Inc

Bookmarked threads don't email you. Followed threads do.

8. Robert W

18 Apr 2017 Western Canada

That's interesting. I've never received any emails when there's been activity in threads I've followed.

Edit: I just checked my settings, and see that I don't have emails enabled for followed threads.

or Sign Up to reply!