SQLite Version

I just want to be sure here…
Xojo compiles apps with the version of SQLite that “ships” WITH Xojo, as opposed to using the natively installed version that comes with OSX?
Meaning that if I compile my app today (Xojo reports Sqlite version 3.14.1) then the only way to get a NEWER version to be used is to recompile with a future version of Xojo?

Surprised to see that the “native” Sqlite for El Cap is only 3.8.10
where the latest release from Sqlite is 3.18.0 (released today actually)
3.14.1 was released Aug2016

Other than the ability to Vacuum attached databases (3.15) , there is nothing I “need” that was added in recent versions

yes
we do not rely on the version built in to OS X

<https://xojo.com/issue/47143>

Alternatively you can use MBS to use a different version of SQLite

I can build you a MBS SQL Plugin with that version today if someone needs.

3.18.0 was released today
Basically its had 0 days of usage

MBS is not an acceptable solution (for me, personal opinion)
And based on what I see, it is GOOD that Xojo does not rely on the installed version, since ElCap is 6 dot releases behind!
and I realize no matter how an app accesses Sqlite, it can never be 100% up to date

The only reason I “noticed” was when I attempted to VACUUM an attached database. This did not become available until 3.15. So for now my code informs the user if it detects the attempt to vacuum and attached with an other version…
Nice thing is that when (sometime in the future) I recompile, that message will automatically become redundant

With MBS Plugin you can decide which version you want. the built-in SQLite, the system SQLite or your own DLL/Dylib/so file.

Or you include a sqlite command line tool with a specific version, so you can call that to do the things you need.

yes Christian, I understand, and I am opting to not include MBS in this or any other project of mine… An opinion and decsion I hope you will accept (not that you really have a choice :slight_smile: )