FYI Nested Web Animations Won't Work

This is just for history’s sake in case someone else needs the info.

Nested Web Animations in multiple web containers does not work on a server even if it works great on your local computer.

My example was a web container that had web animated controls that slide into place. I placed this control inside another web container that had a WebAnimator that would slide the first web container into place on the webpage. The effect was the same as the little score screens on Candy Crush. They drop down into view but the controls on the drop-down screen would wiggle with little secondary animations like a physics effect.

It looks really cool on your computer, but when you post it on the server, but it would take up to 2 minutes for the screen to update and the browser CPU% shoots from 4% to 25%.

Anyway, that’s just so you guys have a heads up…took me all day to figure that out…while all you real programmers probably already knew it…while amateurs like me struggle with mindless details like this for hours on end…I guess I’ll just get back to work now…

that is all.

Is there a feedback case for this?

[quote=322872:@Peter Stallo]This is just for history’s sake in case someone else needs the info.

Nested Web Animations in multiple web containers does not work on a server even if it works great on your local computer.

My example was a web container that had web animated controls that slide into place. I placed this control inside another web container that had a WebAnimator that would slide the first web container into place on the webpage. The effect was the same as the little score screens on Candy Crush. They drop down into view but the controls on the drop-down screen would wiggle with little secondary animations like a physics effect.

It looks really cool on your computer, but when you post it on the server, but it would take up to 2 minutes for the screen to update and the browser CPU% shoots from 4% to 25%.

Anyway, that’s just so you guys have a heads up…took me all day to figure that out…while all you real programmers probably already knew it…while amateurs like me struggle with mindless details like this for hours on end…I guess I’ll just get back to work now…

that is all.[/quote]
File a case about this with a sample. I can’t think of any reason this would be different at runtime since animations run completely on the browser.