help ! upgraded linux server causing problems!

Hi,

I upgraded an x86 Ubuntu 14.04LTS to 16.04LTS because some other software needed the upgrade.

now my XOJO web is having issues. The cgi runs and I have checked dependencies with ldd, and i believe they are all there.
I recompiled it in 2016r4.1

this looks like an MBS file @Christian Schmitz thats missing, but they are copied over in LIBS and look ok.
also the libmysqlclient.so.20 exists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.20/: cannot open shared object file: Not a directory

DBMS API Library loading fails
This library is a part of DBMS client installation, not SQLAPI++
Make sure DBMS client is installed and
this required library is available for dynamic loading

Re-build and re-upload your entire project.
Updates sometimes move or remove things.

Do you have the Library in that path?

Don’t know with MBS SQL and MySQL but with PostgreSQL you need to specify where the library is with some like:

DBConnection.SetFileOption DBConnection.kOptionLibraryPostgreSQL, GetFolderItem(parametro("path_to_the_library"),FolderItem.PathTypeShell)

Check the path is right for your installation

well, I have this in my code :-

db.SetFileOption db.kOptionLibraryMySQL, GetFolderItem("/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so")

and the lib seems to be there, although its probably been updated i guess, the links seem to be in place though

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu$ ls -la libmysql*
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5198866 Jan 18 21:56 libmysqlclient.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Jan 18 21:55 libmysqlclient.so -> libmysqlclient.so.20
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Jan 18 21:55 libmysqlclient.so.20 -> libmysqlclient.so.20.3.4
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 4051376 Jan 18 21:56 libmysqlclient.so.20.3.4

thanks for the pointer Jos

i changed the code to point to libmysqlclient.so.20.3.4 and it works.

not sure why the links don’t work though, it feels like they should. and i will need to recompile every time there is an update.

is that how it should be?

Try adding ,FolderItem.PathTypeShell in the GetFolderItem sentence.

Without this it seems the program seems be confused with the link (note the / at the end), it seems “using” absolute path, as in the error you got a trailing / and this is a file, not a directory.