Where to find docs for WebSDK?

Hello all,

Why is it that when I search in the Dev Center or any other part of the docs for “WebSDK” all I get are release notes but nothing that takes me to the start of the SDK.

Can anyone tell me where to find the docs for WebSDK?

Thanks,
Tim

The search on developer.xojo.com is more or less useless – I always search via google with site:developer.xojo.com added to my search. But in this case it is even worse, googling for “xojo” “web sdk” -forum brings no result at all from developer.xojo.com.

There is or was an iBooks and/or PDF about the Web SDK, but I’m not able to find it anymore in the web.

Look in Extras\WebSDK in your Xojo install folder.

Thanks Wayne. I guess they want it hidden for some reason. IMHO it should be part of the Help menu…
Much appreciated!
Tim

[quote=320172:@Tim Seyfarth]Thanks Wayne. I guess they want it hidden for some reason. IMHO it should be part of the Help menu…
Much appreciated!
Tim[/quote]
It’s just not something that everyone uses, so it’s hidden in the same way that the plugin sdk is.

Thanks Greg. There’s always a reasonable reason!

A suggestion, in the main docs when searched for SDK, write the location where they can be found. That would have solved my problem and not wasted time looking and posting here.

Just an thought…

Tim

You may find this handy: http://webgen.timi.me

It sets up an empty WebControlWrapper with a lot of the basic properties ready to go for you.
I created it because I always forget something.

Hi Tim,
That is for Mac… I am a Windoz user… Thanks for the thought tho!
Tim

I don’t have a windows code signing identity so I don’t distribute it as a public download, but anyone who wants the Windows version is welcome to it.

A PM is on it’s way.

[quote=320253:@Tim Seyfarth]A suggestion, in the main docs when searched for SDK, write the location where they can be found. That would have solved my problem and not wasted time looking and posting here.

Just an thought…[/quote]
A good suggestion. I’ve added pages for Web SDK and Plugins SDK to point out their locations in the installation folder.

Thank you Paul!
Tim