More Cert issues ... Can't create non-MAS ID?

Hi Folks,

Just when I thought that I had things sorted, I’ve now been hit by another Apple developer site issue that’s very confusing -

I’m trying to create a new Team Developer ID Certification for non-MAS distribution and I’m being greeted with this:

Anyone else run into this after the Xcode update to 8.2.1? This is like they are saying that they’ll no longer provide an ID cert for non-MAS delivery…

1. do you perhaps already have a Developer ID cert on the machine you are using?
  2. what happens if you use Xcode to request the cert?

I had the same issue. 5 is the max. amount of Dev ID Application certs you can create.
You need to send a mail to product-security@apple.com and ask to remove older certs that are expired. You can not revoke Dev ID Application certs yourself.

Be aware, Apple will not do this automatically! It is an exception as it was told to me. They only want to remove older ID certs when there is a good reason to do so. For example if you made 2 certs on the same day (by accident). If you have 5 certs that expire on different days, they will not remove those and you are stuck and need to create a new Apple dev account ! Terrible, but sadly true.

So start sending a mail and give as much information why you need more than 5 developer ID application certs. Make sure the reason is valid and well substantiated.

You can only do this when you have the correct private keys too. If you lost that one, you need to create a new cert. I think that is the case by OP.

@Christoph De Vocht - it looks like this is the problem. Here’s one for the “Believe it or not” column - Apple dev support actually called ME on this!!! They are looking into it and I’m on hold with someone that actually knows how this stuff works.

It might help that the app in questions is used by “The Office of the President, Apple, Inc.” :smiley:

[quote=318253:@Christoph De Vocht]I had the same issue. 5 is the max. amount of Dev ID Application certs you can create.
You need to send a mail to product-security@apple.com and ask to remove older certs that are expired. You can not revoke Dev ID Application certs yourself.

Be aware, Apple will not do this automatically! It is an exception as it was told to me[/quote]
Precisely the same happened to me. I had gone over the limit. They made an “exception” and I was able to carry on.

Luckily, none of my non-MAS IDs has been used in the wild, so I’ve requested a full reset. Waiting to hear back now.