WebApp on Android

Fact: Xojo can’t produce app for Android
But is it possible to generate webApp then download it to local Android Device
Then use it like app ( webApp )
Not very complicate app… only a custom calculator
Thanks

I believe it’s a question, Michel. He is asking if it would be possible to do it.

Indeed, Julen. Sorry. I read too fast.

Denis, what you describe is not possible. There is no Xojo Web for Android that could execute on the device.

But you can indeed access a Xojo Web app installed on a Linux, Windows or Mac host from Android.

ok i accept and understand your answer
Bur for my knowledge:
webApp is not a web application execute by web Browser ?
And WebBrowser is not universal ?
Generate on mac… Read by Android Web Browser
Thanks

generate a web app for any server of your choice. Android devices will access it by ip address or UNC with the browser. My web apps running on Windows can be used by ipads, android devices and computers of all breeds.

If i understand, the only problem is the hosting device
I can’t be on the mobile itself ? ( Android )

A Xojo Web app executes on Linux, Windows or Mac, and produces web pages it sends to the client, and interacts with it. Some functions do execute on the client, but most of the job is done on the server, in Xojo code.

Personally, to produce Android apps until Xojo is able to, I use Basic4Android, which creates native Android apps on PC.

On Mac, it runs within an emulator such as VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox.

Now i understand Michel
It must host by a server, supported by Xojo
Because it stay’s an app that generate HTML Code ( who can be read by webBrowser )
It make sense !!
Thanks Michel et Louis

I think now I am as confused as the OP.

Isn’t a “Xojo for WEB” app, a SERVER oriented application that “serves” webpages to a client?
and if so, that client is a web-browser, in which case why does the platform the web-browser CLIENT is on matter?

[quote=316224:@Dave S]I think now I am as confused as the OP.

Isn’t a “Xojo for WEB” app, a SERVER oriented application that “serves” webpages to a client?
and if so, that client is a web-browser, in which case why does the platform the web-browser CLIENT is on matter?[/quote]
Because not all browsers are created equal.

The OP asked for a web app that can be installed in the browser, which is not possible for Xojo Web.

In the vein of Greg’s reply, Android browsers have limitations that make them not always react correctly to a Xojo Web app.

if i resume
It’s an app that generate HTML Code ( who can be read by webBrowser )
So Xojo app, can’t run on Android
If i’m right… just like, then i close de conversation
Thanks to all

Xojo has announced support for Android at XDC. But it will not be here before the end of 2017.

“Xojo has announced support for Android at XDC”… wow… I didn’t know that… where can I read more ?

See http://www.bkeeneybriefs.com/page/2/ bottom of the page

[quote=316234:@Denis Despres]if i resume
It’s an app that generate HTML Code ( who can be read by webBrowser )
So Xojo app, can’t run on Android
If i’m right… just like, then i close de conversation
Thanks to all[/quote]
It’s not that it can’t be run on Android. If you are using 4.3 or later, the built in web browser should be capable of running Xojo web apps. You’ll just have to test it.

[quote=316217:@Michel Bujardet]A Xojo Web app executes on Linux, Windows or Mac, and produces web pages it sends to the client, and interacts with it. Some functions do execute on the client, but most of the job is done on the server, in Xojo code.

Personally, to produce Android apps until Xojo is able to, I use Basic4Android, which creates native Android apps on PC.

On Mac, it runs within an emulator such as VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox.[/quote]

Michel, since Xojo for Android is not ready, what is your experience with B4A? is a development environment that really allows you to create valid and complex applications for business? is it worth to learn it, waiting for Xojo to release a really productive version?
thank you